Author Topic: The Bitter Sweetness of Pure Innocence.  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Teresa Marie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
The Bitter Sweetness of Pure Innocence.
« on: March 12, 2006, 11:31:20 am »
I love Cloud and all his pure innocence. How clumsy he is when he tries to move his big paws, tripping over twigs and landing on his nose. Pretty funny for a 57lb four month old. But the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen him do was this morning.

Last night, my young daughter had growing pains. Her little joints begin to ache. There’s only so much I can do to help her but one of the things she counts on is a chance to hold my doll. I have this lovely little weighted baby doll that looks and feels like a real baby…including rooted hair. 

She fell asleep on the couch, and later when feeling better went to bed. The doll, however, fell face first into some pillows on the ground.

So this morning, I’m awakening by a frantic slurping tongue on my nose. I blink and there’s Cloud’s big brown eyeball looking right into mine while he gives a high-pitched whine. He leads me to the living room, easing over to the “baby” on the ground and starts to nuzzle and nose the “baby”, licking and trying to wake it up. Poor Cloud was beside himself with worry!   It had to be a “real” baby to him. It smelled like a child, it weighted when he nudged it and it must have still had some of the warmth from my little girl. It just…wasn’t breathing! 

I just carefully picked it up and cradled the doll to my chest, scratched his head and told him he was a good boy. I sure hope I didn’t confuse him too much! It's just in a way, that's good he was trying to ask me for help.

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: The Bitter Sweetness of Pure Innocence.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 11:49:02 am »
How very sweet!...I am all choked up here...He sounds like a very gentle soul...Pippin & Rosie would have ate the "baby"...lol...But, my dear sweet Samson, would have probably done the same thing. :)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 12:12:09 pm »
How sweet!  What a wonderful dog!  That is absolutely amazing how tender and concerned he is. Gives me goosebumps!  He'll be one of those dogs that will save someone's life some day.  My Labs all would have picked it up and carried it around  ::)  Not in any type of saving fashion, they just constantly have to carry things in their mouths.  Don't take your shoes off in my house!  You'll never find them back in the same place.   ::)  Fat, dumb and happy.  That's my crew. 
Daphne

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 02:20:26 pm »
How sweet! I think Sadie is a lot like Cloud. She loves to baby her stuffed animals, and she has two bears that play a lullaby (just tones, no words). She managed to get one of them "stuck" on the song, so that it wouldn't stop playing. My ex-bf was home with her at the time and said she carried it around constantly and sat by it and licked it. She even took it outside with her and held it in her mouth while she peed. LOL. She wouldn't leave it be until he figured out how to make it stop playing. As I type, she's sleeping by her sheep, whom she just cleaned. LOL