Author Topic: Now I've Lost It!  (Read 26563 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Now I've Lost It!
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2005, 05:50:46 pm »
I am SSSSSSSSSSSOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO in for drinks!....My hubby has been gone an extra day this week & won't be home for another hour or so...He left Sat. morning....My brother was in a bad car accident on Sunday & was just taken out of i.c.u. & put in a regular room at our university hospital where he was airlifted to from the hospital in town the accident was in...He is still out of it though...I won't get to even see him until tomorrow as my hubby has been out on the road & I had no one to watch the kids...Sorry to dump my problems on ya' all but it's been a unusually stressful week!...I'm having Southern Comfort & alot of it...lol!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2005, 06:20:02 pm »
What a week you have had!  I'm so sorry to hear about your brother  :'(  I hope he gets better soon.  You sound like you need a drink or 5!  I'm in for drinks too but I have to go to the store to get something which means I have to seperate myself from this board for a bit.  I don't know if I can handle it!  We are all going to be hung over tomorrow and our spelling will be horrible!

Rufiesmom

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2005, 06:23:49 pm »
GJ, what a horrible time you are having!  How is your brother?  What kind of injuries?  We will all pray for him, and have a drink with you.  Your fur babies will give you comfort!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2005, 06:36:15 pm »
Ty Rufiesmom....W ell, he's going to live by the grace of God, prompt emergency attention, & wearing a seatbelt...He has 3 fractured vertebre in his neck, a broken jaw, broken rib, pretty bad head injury, missing literally half of one ear, a bad facial laceration that cut his eyelid in two but thank God missed his eyeball...He has been sedated since the accident but they were able to remove the breathing tube yesterday & he was able to breath on his own...It was the 3rd time they tried but he couldn't breath before...They had to reinsert his feeding tube today though because he either can't or won't take anything orally...He is still very confused & doesn't remember what happened...He hit the shoulder of the road on the highway, overcorrected & rolled his car end over end down a very steep & long ravine on the opposite side of the highway...He ended up top down in a creek but thank God again the car managed to straddle the creek banks so he didn't drown...The only witness, who called 911, (again thank God) because the car couldn't be seen from the road) said he was probably doing 70 or 80 m.p.h....The physical injuries will be the easiest recovery he has to make...I won't go into details because it has caused me & my family years of heartache but the real recovery hopefully will start after his injuries heal...Again, ty for your concern.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2005, 06:45:47 pm »
Gypsy,
You poor thing! I hope that you get big hugs and kisses when your husband gets home. Lord knows you need it. Sorry that its been such a tough week for you. We're all here for you and just know that you can dump your probs. on us anytime- thats what we're here for!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2005, 06:51:12 pm »
I'll keep him and you in my thoughts and prayers :-[ 

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2005, 08:12:33 pm »
Good for you Tina!  Did you stand your ground and put the lady in her place?  I love my mother in law dearly too but she can certainly be a mother in law!  She is the type that likes to buy us things and then ask for favors.  It's a form of manipulation that isn't completely bad ;) 

My oldest is going into third grade next year and I think that every year it gets worse.  Only because she likes to argue about EVERYTHING and she never stops talking!   The sad thing is that I was exactly like her at that age and it's all payback.  My baby starts kindergarten this year and I've had a tough time with that.  When my son started this last year I cried the whole way back home and to work so I know I'm going to be weak :'(  At least now I'll be home and maybe I can volunteer in her class.

Well, here's to friends!  Clink...

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2005, 08:26:58 pm »
No I'm just neurotic!  Good mothers don't feed their kids pop tarts for dinner... 

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2005, 08:42:38 pm »
Ty for the thoughts & prayers for me & my brother...My hubby just got home about 45 minutes ago...I then poured a qaudruple Southern Comfort & Pepsi...I should be o.k. in no time...lol...A strong drink I know but I would never drink when he is out on the road because I am here with the kids alone...So I am having a drink I badly needed for the past 4 days since my brothers accident all at once...It evens out then right?...lol!

nickerbokker

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2005, 08:53:44 pm »
TERRIFIC NEWS!  IVE FINISHED A BOTTLE OF WINE, AND AM WORKING ON BOTTLE #2...THIS IS 2 NIGHTS IN A ROW....

LAST NIGHT I NEEDED THEM TO MAKE ME FORGET I HAD TO GO TO h*ll TODAY, AND TODAY I WANT THEM TO CELEBRATE SCREWING h*ll LOL

WOO HOO FOR DRUNK PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET!

on a different note, gypse, you are in my thoughts!  stay strong and hug your babies to death!  they are the best thing in the world to get you through a tough time!

cheers!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2005, 09:04:34 pm »
I am so sorry to hear about your brother Gypsy Jazmine, you have had one heck of a horrible week, you absolutely deserve bunches of drinks. I am a wine person myself, so when I drink it usually is wine, but I always keep a bottle of Irish cream in the fridge, I LOVE that, I could drink it in tall glasses all day long.

About Mother in laws, well hmmm cough hmmmm well....... how to put this....... okay, the first time I saw the trailer for "monster in law" I looked at my husband and he looked at me, noone said a word, daughter started to laugh hysterical and well that I would think tells you all what kind of a relationship I have with my mil.

Please keep us posted on how your brother is doing gypsy, and you know, just as Jamie said, we are always here for you, you can yell, cry and laugh with us anytime you need.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2005, 09:16:33 pm »
Ty guys again!....I LOVE this place!!!!...Nicker...Th at IS great news!...LOL!...OMG, you are a blast!...I just love reading your posts...You always make me smile!

nickerbokker

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2005, 09:22:41 pm »

I let hubby know that I will be moving to Hollywood to pursue my acting career that I put off for so many years.  He thinks I'm having a mid life crisis but likes it!

LOL..........Y EAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WERE GOING TO HAVE SOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!!

nickerbokker

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2005, 11:08:40 pm »
where the h*ll is jabear!!?!?!?

im all drunk and she, who starte this ( i htink lol), is nowhere to be found. 

oh now im all sad.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2005, 11:25:08 pm »
jabear has to teach small savages early in the morning...It would be no good for her to be really hungover without the benefit of a dunce cap & a ruler for smacking little knuckles...lol!