Author Topic: LOL, Big Bad Sadie  (Read 5045 times)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
LOL, Big Bad Sadie
« on: March 13, 2006, 02:29:37 pm »
I don't know if I should really laugh at this but those of you who met my little Spitfire yesterday will appreciate this ;)

So I went home at lunch to walk Miss Sadie today as usual. We're out walking and there's a whole mess of construction workers working on my neighbors place. They were being pretty obnoxious as far as comments. Although, I have to admit it must be a pretty funny sight seeing a woman in a business suit walking a Newf in heels. So Sadie turns around and looks at me like "No worries Momma, I got this". She gets directly in front of me and stands with her legs totally outstretched, puffs up her (nonexistent) chest and just STARES these guys down. She didn't growl or anything, I don't think she was being aggressive, she just stood there. This one guy says to me "Is that an attack dog?" I couldn't help but laugh. Sadie loves everyone. I don't think I've ever seen her NOT wag her tail and want to say hello to someone...unti l today. But they turned around and went right back to work and I swear to God she stuck her nose up and walked away. I don't think she knows she's still little, and I didn't have the heart to tell her she isn't scary so I just let her think she's big and bad ;D

Does this look like an attack dog to you?
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Kiahpyr

Re: LOL, Big Bad Sadie
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 02:32:48 pm »
LOL!! Go get em Sadie!!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 02:32:53 pm »
that's funny.  I bet she could tear into someone if she wanted to or thought you were in danger.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 02:41:21 pm »
You tell em' Sadie - - - good girl!  lol

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 02:48:06 pm »
Haha you go girl...protect your momma against those jerks!!!  Kali's extremely protective of us, if you go to harm one of her people she will probably go for the kill.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 02:53:18 pm »
Ha,

And you thought the big kids were picking on Sadie Sunday!! I bet her new found bravado was there all the time!!  Once out with the big dogs and she becomes a big dog herself!! Go Get em Sadie
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 02:56:44 pm by Winslow 151 »
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline Titansmom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 03:01:52 pm »
After putting up with the big boy dogs yesterday those  human men would be no problem for her to take care of.

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 09:41:56 am »
I think the big kids taught her a thing or two this weekend ;) She's been behaving beautifully. And then she pulled that "I got your back Ma" stunt yesterday. I hope that's not a bad sign but really all she did was stare them down. I couldn't help but laugh at my tough little cookie! She's totally fearless! She was too cute being all protective of her Mom! Even though she's the OPPOSITE of intimidating (ssshhhh, don't tell her! :D)
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 09:59:13 am »
Oh, Sadie, Sadie!  Such a tough girl!!

My one and only female Newf, Lucille was far tougher than her male counterparts.  FAR more protective.... and agressive (okay, for a Newf ::)).  The only protection Cowboy would give is if a bad guy tripped over him coming after me..... :P

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 10:11:01 am »
Oh, Sadie, Sadie!  Such a tough girl!!

My one and only female Newf, Lucille was far tougher than her male counterparts.  FAR more protective.... and agressive (okay, for a Newf ::)).  The only protection Cowboy would give is if a bad guy tripped over him coming after me..... :P

Well it's funny because she's never done anything but wag her tail and drag me over to say hi to people on our walks. I think she must have sensed that I was uncomfortable. Cowboy would too protect you! He'd fling his super slobber and stop the bad guy in his tracks ;D
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 10:27:13 am »
yeah.....they'd slip on it!!! :D :D :D

Chester does a pretty good job.  He'd whack 'em with his tail....and I don't mean a Tony Soprano 'whack'!  It would be a continous whacking though!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 11:13:19 am »
awww sadie!  she's coming into her newfieness!  "i can protect you, even though i weigh 25 lbs! I will be big one day mom! i swear!" hehehE!! love the new avatar too! :)
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 12:21:10 pm »
awww sadie!  she's coming into her newfieness!  "i can protect you, even though i weigh 25 lbs! I will be big one day mom! i swear!" hehehE!! love the new avatar too! :)

Yup that's my girl, tough as nails - all 34 pounds of her. I could almost hear "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background. ;D
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 12:33:03 pm »
Hi,

She must have solved her Identity crisis, all the time with those kitties must have reeked havoc with her psychie. Now she has seen the Newfie light and her breeding will shine through. Next time she needs a little Newfie reassurance, Big Cuz Winslow would be happy to watch her back!!
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 12:55:11 pm »
Hi,

She must have solved her Identity crisis, all the time with those kitties must have reeked havoc with her psychie. Now she has seen the Newfie light and her breeding will shine through. Next time she needs a little Newfie reassurance, Big Cuz Winslow would be happy to watch her back!!

LOL! I'm sure she looked at the big kids and was like "Whoa, I'm gonna be that big someday! I better practice!" She still loves her kitties though and makes sure they don't miss out on any opportunities to be slobbered on;)
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf