Author Topic: Night owl or morning dog???  (Read 4410 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Night owl or morning dog???
« on: May 26, 2005, 04:59:09 pm »
It seems to be with dogs as it is with people, some are night owls and some are morning dogs. Galahad is definately turning into a night owl, he is wide open late late at night, but in the mornings he can sleep until 10 am easily, he pees for 5 min when he finally decides that he absolutely has to go. And quite often after gone potty and ate breakfast he likes to go back to bed, he goes into my bedroom and stands with front feet on bed (cant get up by himself yet) and wants help up, then he can snore away till lunch time.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Night owl or morning dog???
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 05:10:19 pm »
I agree with you.  Leo is the same as Galahad in that he is more of a night dog.  He's pretty quiet and doesn't get in to anything but when I get up to pee (4 or 5x a night) he is usually awake, but laying there or licking himself.  He sleeps ALL day too.  Sometimes I hear him at night scratching down by the front door and it's so loud it sounds like someone is banging on the front door!  I sit straight up in bed!  Does he sleep in your bed with you?  The first morning pee is soooo funny!  Leo does the same thing and I start laughing after a minute or two because not only is it alot but it has pressure too!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 05:10:39 pm »
I'd say you have a night owl on your hands. Bear sleeps alot too but is up and active at 5:00 a.m. sharp with me- tail wagging, paws pounding, tongue licking- all for me!! After breakfast he lounges around and sleeps for a while, gets up and repeats the cycle. He is so cute!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 05:43:04 pm »
I'm laughing thinking about the morning pee!! We thought that maybe there was something wrong with Hutch when we first got him because of how long it took him, and with such force!!!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 06:14:58 pm »
I have heard that Pyrs are nocturnal but Samson seems to only be wide awake & ready to romp in the early evening...He sleeps alot of the day & it seems most of the night too.

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 08:16:24 pm »
I secretly think my husband is jealous of the pee thing...LOL!  When he gets up to pee in the morning he always comments about how cold the water is and then makes noises like he's reeling it in!  Gotta love those boys.. both kinds!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 09:21:00 pm »
hahaha that is too funny, reeling it in  ;D well guess that is how our darling boys are wired, okay, if hubby ever sees this I hope you all come save me, if you dont hear from me in a couple of days please please come help me lol...... The favorit joke (note joke lol) is when hubby stands infront of mirror and kinda talks to himself and says "yeah..... hung like a horse" yikes... this is a very open community isnt it hehe.

Oh and Natsaintb, yes Galahad is sleeping in our bed, so does Hera sometimes, but Malin likes to share her bed with Hera so thats where she sleeps most of the time, but we also have Jennifer, who still likes to sleep between us, so most of the time we are me, hubby, Jennifer and at least one dog. You know, hubby always complains about how we dont need any birthcontrol, other than what we already have lol.... (meaning the kids and dogs)

Marit

nickerbokker

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 09:50:23 pm »
its hard with my dogs......they are both different every day.  for the most part, they are content with laying on my bed with toys, but usually arent sleeping.  ANGUS, well, he doesn't let me sleep at all.  i guess he sleeps while i am at work (i dunno know, im a work lol), so when i get home until the next morning when i take off he thinks  i am supposed to play with him.....DRIVES ME CRAZY.  i get at the most, 3 hours of solid sleep a night, and then he scratches the h*ll out of me until i get out of bed, WHEN, he runs in circles because he cant contain the joy!  lol, its pretty cute.

about the pee.....well, cody does it, but angus doesn't.....WHY, WHY YOU ASK?  WELL, I'LL TELL YOU....ITS BECUASE WE PEE 15 TIMES IN THE HOUSE BEFORE MOM CAN CATCH HIM AND BY THE TIME WE ARE OUTSIDE, HES ALL PEED OUT!  UGH.

SPEAKING OF PEEING.....my sister kel visited me in april over my birthday and we went to sea world and the zoo....and while at the zoo, video taped a giraffe taking a pee for 7 MINUTES!  IT WAS, HANDS DOWN, THE BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE LOL.  WE SAT THERE LAUGHING FOR THE FIRST 2 MINUTES, AND THEN WITH OUR JAWS DROPPED THE NEXT 5....IT WAS GREAT!

and by the way.....the husband in the mirror thing is GREAT LOL.  men are so special and i mean special lol.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 09:57:30 pm »
wow I would love to see a 7 min pee lol.... and special????? men are special???? I am  not sure that is the word I would use  ;D but what would we do without them. Galahad is doing the marathon pee only in the mornings, during the day, I am taking him out so often it is almost no use to unhook the leash inbetween.

Marit

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 10:35:05 pm »
a giraffe taking a pee for 7 MINUTES!  IT WAS, HANDS DOWN, THE BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE LOL.  WE SAT THERE LAUGHING FOR THE FIRST 2 MINUTES, AND THEN WITH OUR JAWS DROPPED THE NEXT 5....IT WAS GREAT!

You finished that 2nd bottle of wine didn't you Nicker?...LOL! :P

nickerbokker

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005, 10:37:47 pm »
a giraffe taking a pee for 7 MINUTES!  IT WAS, HANDS DOWN, THE BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE LOL.  WE SAT THERE LAUGHING FOR THE FIRST 2 MINUTES, AND THEN WITH OUR JAWS DROPPED THE NEXT 5....IT WAS GREAT!

You finished that 2nd bottle of wine didn't you Nicker?...LOL! :P