Author Topic: goofy puppy behaviour  (Read 4196 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
goofy puppy behaviour
« on: May 26, 2005, 04:53:14 pm »
Galahad has started to do something real goofy, quite often when he lies down in the couch or on the floor, he all of a sudden starts to bark/growl and roll around, not having a toy, or any of the other dogs around, just by himself acting all silly, today he was working so hard on the growling and rolling around so he fell out off the couch. As sudden as he starts he stops and goes to sleep. It is kinda hard to explain but as if he had a toy he was tossing around and pawing at and barking at, just that there is no toy. Anyone else have a coco puppy??  :o

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Rufiesmom

Re: goofy puppy behaviour
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 05:03:38 pm »
Rufus does this too!  We say his imaginary friend Gerard is here when he starts in.  He flings himself around and falls down and digs the carpet with his front paws and growls and then goes limp, rests for a few seconds, and starts all over again.  We aren't the only ones that think its weird.  Bailey our rott will just stare at him like she doesn't get it.  It's not like its play-time, it's crazy!  What do you do with Galahad when he starts in?  We just watch and laugh :D

Luvmydanes

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 05:07:31 pm »
Marit - too funny! I can picture it well cause Jasmine does the exact same thing! lol...its so funny! She lays on her tummy, puts her head down like she is going to go to sleep and then starts growling and rolling around and trying to bite the air...its funny. Then I get down and crawl after her and she takes off running, and it is so funny cause she holds her ears behind her as if to hear if I am coming after her or not. LOL....Then when she gets in her kennel, she jumps back out and comes after me. My dog is definatley coo-coo!

Kandi

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 05:15:13 pm »
I remember that puppy stage of imaginary friends!  I miss that now :-[   I like it when their ears perk up!  My youngest skin kid plays imaginary stuff a lot and that's probably just what the pups are doing too.  Pups and kids are so much alike that you feel like you could've given birth to both!  Next time take a pic of them when they are doing that cuz I wanna see, Pleeeeease?  I miss having a little one around...

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 05:15:34 pm »
Bear does it too! In fact, I was hysterical this past weekend when he was laying outside on the grass while we were talking to comppany. The grass he was on has a deep incline and he was at the top. Well, he was resting on his side for a while then all of a sudden decided to do the growl, paw in the air thing but rolled down the hill instead. He did two full rolls before he realized what happened and stopped himself and looked at me like I was the crazy one. It was sooo funny!!!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 06:17:06 pm »
Samson lies on our linoleum kitchen floor on his side & does the doggy 500 like he's running...lol!

Offline new2saints

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 09:22:56 pm »
Bailey does the imaginary friend thing, too.  And, at least once or twice a day, she gets what we call the "puppy crazies".  She races around the room 5-6 times as fast as she can, even bouncing off the back of the couches and chairs.  Then, she plops down exhausted.  She used to do the laps behind the couch, but then on morning she didn't fit anymore and got stuck!  I laughed so hard I had tears.  I knew it was going to happen eventually :)

new2saints

nickerbokker

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 09:31:32 pm »
I WAS SCARED TO BRING UP THIS TOPIC MYSELF SINCE I ALREADY TELL YOU ALL HOW MESSED UP MY DOGS ARE.....BUT THEY BOTH DO ALL THE ABOVE EVERY DAY!

CODY WILL FLIP OUT AND RUN AND RUN AND RUN AND FLY INTO WALLS AND DO AIR FLIPS ON MY BED AND RUN IN CIRLCES AND PAW AT AIR AND POUNCE THE FLOOR AND KNOCK ME OVER AND GROWL AND ALL THAT STUFF!  I JUST LAUGH AND LAUGH AND LAUGH....THIS IS WHY EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE A DOG.  

ANGUS DOES THIS TOO.....HE JUST TAKES OFF AND GOD HELP YOU OR THE WALL OR THE FAN IF YOU ARE IN HIS WAY BECAUSE HE WILL TAKE YOU WITH HIM!  ITS FUNNY AS ALL h*ll!  

dogs are just the best!

JACKSMOM----CODY DOES THE SWIMMING THING TOO LOLOLOLOL..... HE TAKES OFF AND BOTH OF HIS FRONT LEGS GO AT THE SAME TIME AND OUT TO THE SIDES LIKE HE IS SWIMMING!  IT IS HYSTERICAL!

I THOUGHT MY DOGS HAD SUCH GREAT PERSONALITY, BUT NOW I SEE THAT THEY AREN'T UNIQUE INDIVIDUALS AT ALL....THEY ARE ALL NUTS TOGETHER!  JUST LIKE ALL THEIR MOMS ARE LOL
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 09:36:11 pm by nickerbokker »

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 09:32:45 pm »
This is good, now I can rest and know that even if Galahad may be a bit on the nutty side, at least we have more nuts here lol.... And yes Rufiesmom, we just watch too. It actually is the best entertaining I have, much better than TV, when the dogs play or when Galahad is doing his "nutty routine" I just sit there, and watch and laugh, I could sit and do nothing but watch them forever, never ever get tired of it. Hmmm dont know if I have told this before, but it is soooo him though. He was sleeping on the couch, snoring away, and came furtherer and furtherer out on the edge of the couch, I sat there and watched him and wondered if he was going to wake up or not (mean I know lol...) when I saw him starting to slide down, it was slowmo, and ended with a big ol' booom when he landed pretty hard, he may just may have lifted an eyelid, he just snored away as if nothing happened. it was hillarious. So sometimes he is the coolest of dogs, and then when he is doing his wacko play with himself he is a total idiot.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 12:00:04 am »
That's what Samson does too...swimming rather than running...I just didn't know how to describe it...lol!