Author Topic: Samson is out of his crate!  (Read 2245 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Samson is out of his crate!
« on: May 26, 2005, 06:22:45 pm »
Samson has been out of his crate full time for about 2 weeks now!...He still has it but I leave the door open so he can go in & sleep when he likes...I love it because I feel much safer knowing that if someone came in that shouldn't be here he could actually get them...Now, I'll let you all know when I start sleeping back upstairs in my bedroom at night...lol..(We don't allow Samson upstairs...cat s' domain)..I have to sleep on the family room couch so Samson feels safe...lol!

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Samson is out of his crate!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 10:29:16 pm »
Poor Angus!...He is SO misunderstood. ..lol...I started small with Samson...I would leave him out of his crate while I went outside for 10 minutes...Then I worked up to a 30 min. trip to the grocery store.  (I live in a small town)  At 1st I Sammy proofed everything & then I would leave an old pillow out or a toy that had seen it's better days...When he passed those tests with flying colors I would leave him longer...like for a 2 hr. trip to shop for things in the next big town...Of coarse I never left anything dangerous for him & made sure to unplug any cords he could reach...My next step is moving back upstairs to my own bedroom...That's a tough one!...Once I tried to sleep on the couch in the formal living room where he is baby gated out of & he spent at least an hour craning his neck & looking over the baby gate to see me...I caved in & came back to his area to sleep...Now don't get me wrong..he's a damn good dog & not spoiled at all...LOL!