Author Topic: stranger on my doorstep  (Read 2019 times)

Offline queenkofsnow

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
stranger on my doorstep
« on: March 13, 2006, 11:27:52 pm »
I went to let Mike in and wouldn't ya know....he found a buddie.  Well....I don't know where  this friendly black lab came from, but now he is parked on my doorstep and it is getting colder outside.  If I let him in we will NEVER get any sleep tonight.  I had suspected that he lived a couple of houses down, but the neighbor to them said that ones sports a red collar and this one only has a choker on.  I feel terrible, but I am hoping someone is out there looking for him.  He has good weight and is very friendly so he obviously has a home, but this is going to drive me crazy alllll night long!!!I just hate it when this happens to me...I am such a sucker for a pretty face.

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: stranger on my doorstep
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 11:36:30 pm »
hehehehehehe  I would have already made him a bed and fed him if he were here.  I just can't help myself!  lol  If he can't be in his real home, at least I can make him feel at home in mine until he can.  ;)
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

Offline queenkofsnow

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 11:41:30 pm »
But, my concern is that someone is out there looking for him....it is rare that we have wondering dogs about here.  I have two cockatoos in a very large cage here and a black lab would really, really cause a ruckus.  I would love to just take him an put him in with my son, but then Mikey and K2 would be pacing the floor all night long and I think my husband would divorce me....hey, wait, that might be a good idea. Oops, did I say that!!???

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 02:36:26 pm »
But, my concern is that someone is out there looking for him....it is rare that we have wondering dogs about here.  I have two cockatoos in a very large cage here and a black lab would really, really cause a ruckus.  I would love to just take him an put him in with my son, but then Mikey and K2 would be pacing the floor all night long and I think my husband would divorce me....hey, wait, that might be a good idea. Oops, did I say that!!???

LMAO!!!  I know the feeling!  i was temped to trade my hubby in this morning. ;)

Anyway, I didn't say I wouldn't look for the owners, just that I would make him comfy until they find him.  You could always put up a notice the next morning around the neighborhood.  We found a pair of male shih tzus(SP?) puppies and brought them in the house and cared for them until their owner came to get them.  Thankfully it wasn't too long because I can't stand yappy dogs but it was nice to have puppies around again (temporarily ;D).  Now if the labs owners never show up, I can't help that (to hubby).  He needs a home somewhere. ;)  hehehehehehehe
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 02:48:16 pm »
So what happened to Mike's buddy?

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 12:45:29 pm »
Did the poor guy find his way home?  or did he find his way into your home? ;)