Author Topic: Well my dog is in heat  (Read 4005 times)

Kiahpyr

Re: Well my dog is in heat
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2006, 06:57:21 pm »
Poor Zero! Chara's boxers are stylin!! I had Kiah spayed when she was in heat. She did wonderful afterwards.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2006, 07:00:20 pm »
Chara looks great!  (The boxers are so stylish! ;) )  She has grown up into quite the lady.  Very lovely! :)

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2006, 05:12:03 am »
My vet said they would do it if an emergency came up but he doesnt like too, too many risks he said.. He is old school which is fine...  I was going back and forth on the whole spay thing but everything happens for a reason.  He will do it 15wks after she comes out... I guess the ending of a heat takes that long...Everyth ing is closed up etc...but for all the swelling to go down and for her body to become completele normal again is that long
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2006, 06:39:56 am »
she can still be spayed, heat or not,,,,,,,,,,,,,good luck

I thought it was extremely dangerous to spay a dog in heat though? Doesn't it like cause more blood loss or something like that?
when i worked as a vet tech in a shelter, we spayed dogs in heat, it was always safe, maybe new medical proceedures are differnt now, better off safe then sorry, i'd listen to the vet, just keep her away from the always horney males :-\
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks