Author Topic: Anyone else with a hard headed dog , litteraly ? LOL  (Read 7904 times)

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Anyone else with a hard headed dog , litteraly ? LOL
« on: March 15, 2006, 01:16:12 pm »
My newfies have to lay in my back porch / laundry room until they dry off from the snow before they can come all the way into the house ... Well , I was getting a load of laundry out of the dryer and taking it into the house to fold , and since my arms were full I always use my foot to push ( slam actually , it's an old door ) the door shut , but when I did I heard this loud BANG and then the door bounced back open . My 9& 1/2 month old newfie girl , Allie , was standing there with that same old happy/dopey look on her face like " so , can I come in now ? "LOL . This happens all the time with her , she's even used her big head to slam against the door to go outside trying to get it to open ( which has worked ) . Anyone else's big paws do this ? LOL
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

lins_saving_grace

Re: Anyone else with a hard headed dog , litteraly ? LOL
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 01:20:53 pm »
Not in the same way.  Lady and Grace have hard heads...like your Ali.  But they prefer to stand up quickly at the same time that I'm bending over.  Our heads/teeth/lips collide and I end up racing to the bathroom with a bloody facial part.

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 01:22:31 pm »
Sophie does this when I go into the bathroom without her.  She tries to get the door open with her head because you know...how dare I go into the bathroom with out her!  hahaha
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 01:26:52 pm »
My dane and dane mix have: run headfirst into walls (leaving dents)when playing, stood up too fast under the kitchen table causing a loud thud and levitation of said table, as well as opened interior doors primarily with their heads. The resulting bumps on their thick skulls have earned them the collective title of "knotheads." It hasn't changed their disposition a bit tho.
Stella
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 01:27:21 pm by GR8DAME »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 01:29:08 pm »
Sophie does this when I go into the bathroom without her.  She tries to get the door open with her head because you know...how dare I go into the bathroom with out her!  hahaha

HAHAHAHA!  No such thing as a bathroom break without a dog.  Lady loves to give me hugs while I'm tinkling!

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 01:31:40 pm »
In the dog park Einstein loves to run full throttle -- usually when he runs directly to me, he'll peel off at the last second (and I'll take a step away).  BUT NOT ALWAYS -- I have a huge purple bruise on my knee from the other day when he didn't slow down, NO BRAKES!!!, and ran right into my knee.  He fell over on the ground like that little guy on the trike from Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In (and if you're too young to know about that, ask your Mom or Grandmother).

It was pretty funny even though my knee is still sore.
Sarah

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 01:32:19 pm »
Oh yes..  I just wouldn't be right with out a big slobbery head in my lap!  ;)   My husband said once "Is the dog in there with you" I said "yes..."  he said "well why the h*ll is she in there"  I said "She let herself in!"   
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 01:33:07 pm »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 01:34:31 pm »
Oh yes..  I just wouldn't be right with out a big slobbery head in my lap!  ;)   My husband said once "Is the dog in there with you" I said "yes..."  he said "well why the h*ll is she in there"  I said "She let herself in!"   

Oh my favorite thing!!! Bathroom conversation between husband and wife while one is in the facility. 
My husband does that to me...and I just ignore him.  "I can't talk to you right now, honey! It's just not right!"

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 01:44:44 pm »
smsmith > Ooooh , yikes ! Allie likes to purposely take my kids out .... She'll act like she's running past them then purposely lean her shoulder in and knock them over ! Then of course she gives them tons of kisses , slobbers in their hair .... then chews on their clothes .... LOL ;D

I feel violated -- I didn't get a hug or kisses!  He just jumped up and kept on running with his buddies.  Next time I'll fall on the ground and act hurt and see what happens.  :)
Sarah

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 01:47:08 pm »
Lins & Rachel > I've totally given up with any privacy in the BR . After three kids , 2 newfs , and countless other critters ( not to mention doors that don't LOCK , ack) , so now I leave a loaded squirt gun in there and shoot anyone who enters . Muhahahaha ! Of course , that doesn't work on newfies ......
That's a good idea.  next time I get walked in on by the hubby...who by the way doesn't give me hugs while I'm tinkling...I'll open fire.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 02:09:58 pm »
This thread is SOO funny!  I have visuals of being armed and dangerous while on the throne!!!  I've learned to run really fast to get the door closed before both Newfies get in.  Of course they 'knock' on the door constantly...

Cowboy likes to shower with me so he just pushes his way in.  The other night I was in the  shower and off in lala land mentally when a nice warm tongue licked my calf.  I just about went through the ceiling!!

GR8DAME

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 02:12:27 pm »
This thread is SOO funny!  I have visuals of being armed and dangerous while on the throne!!!  I've learned to run really fast to get the door closed before both Newfies get in.  Of course they 'knock' on the door constantly...

Cowboy likes to shower with me so he just pushes his way in.  The other night I was in the  shower and off in lala land mentally when a nice warm tongue licked my calf.  I just about went through the ceiling!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHH AAAA!
I so got a visual of that!
Stella

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 02:15:03 pm »

Sadie does this too! I guess maybe she figures I am supportive of her 'pottying' so she should be supportive of me. Good potty Momma! ;D
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 02:24:17 pm »

Sadie does this too! I guess maybe she figures I am supportive of her 'pottying' so she should be supportive of me. Good potty Momma! ;D
Sounds like you need a good girl treat, Momma.  :)