Author Topic: What size crate for an AM?  (Read 4750 times)

Offline kkmuller

• Gnawer
  • Fresca Willa Magesta
    • View Profile
What size crate for an AM?
« on: March 15, 2006, 07:04:17 pm »
Do I just get the biggest crate I can find?  So far that would be 37"w x 54d x 45h.  Does anyone have a particular one they like best?  Do you put those comfy cushions at the bottom?  Do you wait until they are more mature?  My experience with puppies tells me they would rip that bedding up in no time.
Thanks.

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
Re: What size crate for an AM?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 09:40:02 pm »
I "think" that is the biggest size, at least the biggest I know of. The midwest colossal. 

No affiliation, and no experience with these, but this looks like a swell deal for $40 I don't know if you would have to buy stuffing for it or what, but I like the way it looks.   http://cgi.ebay.com/XL-TOUGH-BIG-DOG-COLOSSAL-CRATE-BED-IN-CANVAS-DANE-SIZE_W0QQitemZ7751863941QQcategoryZ66773QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 09:40:40 pm by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline Proliant

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 06:33:12 pm »
We have a MidWest 99N with a plastic bottom pan. It is UNBREAKABLE and Goliath likes it. It came with a divider to size it to the dog as well. It was kind of expensive but if you look around you my get a decent deal.

Matthew and Goliath

Offline kkmuller

• Gnawer
  • Fresca Willa Magesta
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 09:33:47 pm »
The best I've seen so far is Petsmart.  It's $230, free shipping and that's with one divider and the pan.