Author Topic: An example of a someone who shouldnt own an animal  (Read 2848 times)

Blair

An example of a someone who shouldnt own an animal
« on: March 15, 2006, 10:27:27 pm »
I have this friend, well not that close of a friend anymore, and she is thinking of getting a Germam Shepherd puppy. Now for a little background. She rescued a puppy, like 2 yrs ago, kept her for a short while then got rid of her casue she was too much trouble. Then got a Golden puppy. Kept him for almost a yr, but he was too much for her to handle, so got rid of him. Then got two cats, well one was very sick, but instead of taking him to the vet her husband hit him over the head with a 2x 4 to kill him >:(. But they kept the other cat, well a few months later the cat ran away. So they then adopted an older Golden, kept her for a few months and then returned her. So they adopted another dog, some kind of basset mix. She has that dog currently but since she wants a German Shepherd, her husband said she needs to find that one a new home. Now keep in mind she always complained about shedding with her first Golden and now she wants a GSD ??? Everything I tell her about animals go in one ear and out the other. I have tryed till I was blue in the face but its not working. So she is going on her 7th pet in less then 2 yrs. Makes me so beepin mad  >:(
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 10:29:10 pm by Blair »

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: An example of a someone who shouldnt own an animal
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 11:09:21 pm »
Have you tried coming right out and bluntly telling her that she really shouldnt bring another dog into her home and letting it get attached to her and then giving it away only to confuse the poor thing? She sounds like she is looking for the perfect pet only she doesnt have a clue what she is looking for??? Oh and the cat 2X4 thing just makes me sick!!! I grew up on a farm and that is how things were done for barn cats if they got sick, I hated it then and I hate it even more now.  >:(
So sorry you have to deal with such a hard headed person. Good luck!
Carole

cricket36580

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 06:00:30 am »
See, this is why stupid people shouldn't be allowed to breathe!  Much less own critters... >:(

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 08:30:33 am »
 ;D I know someone just like that in the matter of fact i posted something quite similar about a month ago i don't understand it myself some people should'nt be allowed to have animals and some people should't be allowed to have kids when they burn then beat them chain them to a kitchen table.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 08:31:59 am by marinafb »
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 10:32:05 am »
Someone should call the Humane Society about what the husband did to the cat! >:( ...I have 10 cats here...2 of them fosters that I can't seem to find the right home for...Believe me I've had people that wanted them but they are still here because I don't want them going to a home like that!!!...I would no sooner hit one of them over the head with anything than I would my dogs, bunnies, guinea pig or kids!!!!!!!!!!!...That just makes me sick!!!!!!...As far as the dogs go...I would tell her bluntly the same thing I told my BIL's sister...You guys are not animal people & shouldn't own any animal!!...It is so frustrating!...We as animal lovers are up against this kind of mentality every single day...Not only do people like this shortchange animals they shortchange all of us that care!...These people are lucky I don't know them because they'd be my pet project & that is not something they'd enjoy! >:( >:( >:(

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 02:52:44 pm »
She doesn't have children does she?  ???  I agree with Carol in that you may want to come out and say something to her. You may be saving an animal's life.
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Blair

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 04:29:01 pm »
She doesn't have children does she?  ???  I agree with Carol in that you may want to come out and say something to her. You may be saving an animal's life.

Oh yes 3 small kids

Well surprise surprise to me she came over with her new GSD puppy. >:( That puppy was so sickly looking, you could tell he had worms [he looks so fat but when you petted him you could feel his ribs and backbone], he didnt move just layed there, he whines all the time, and if you move him he already growls at you. He just doesnt seem like a nice puppy at all. Needless to say I gave her an earfull, she listened but wasnt too impressed with me telling her this. She left a little huffed at me, but maybe it will all sink in. I also told her to get that puppy to a vet ASAP. I didnt allow any of my dogs near that puppy or in my house.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 06:12:33 pm »
Ugh, what an idiot!

There are just some people in the world that will end up doing whatever the h*ll they want, no matter what anyone else says.  Perhaps someone can make an anonymous phone call to the humane society to have someone come look at their sickly dog........... .......and at the same time mention how they have a rotating door of animals.

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: An example of a someone who shouldn't own an animal
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 09:20:54 am »
It sounds like she needs one of those robot dogs. Obviously she doesn't need a real dog. It might be too much work.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

kristi

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 09:34:01 am »
Ugh, what an idiot!

There are just some people in the world that will end up doing whatever the h*ll they want, no matter what anyone else says.  Perhaps someone can make an anonymous phone call to the humane society to have someone come look at their sickly dog........... .......and at the same time mention how they have a rotating door of animals.

I agree with ZooCrew - IDIOT!
I would be on the phone to the humane society in a NewYork minute.  They need to know about the number of pets that have gone through that house in such a short period of time, and they need to send an investigator out to check on that poor puppy!
I hate to ask, but what "condition" are her children in?
-k.

Blair

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 09:48:26 am »
Down here the humane society really doesnt care...she adopted 2 of her dogs from them. The Humane Society wouldnt even take pets cause they have a 6 month waiting list. I called them already and they said they can take their dogs in 6 months if they would release it to them. Animal control wont even come pick up a stray unless the dog tries to bite some one first, now you explain that to me??? Its just not dog friendly down here at all.