Author Topic: He finally lifts his leg!!  (Read 15866 times)

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
He finally lifts his leg!!
« on: May 27, 2005, 07:29:08 am »
Judge has finally started to lift his leg to pee. WOOOOHOOO!!! I was going to ask when to expect him to. Now he pees on EVERYTHING. We went out for a walk last night and I was thinking WERE IS IT ALL COMMING FROM??? My sister in law told me that he likely would never lift his leg cause he is too spoiled. ??? YAH OK!! She is such a dog expert. I cant wait to tell her. Hope he pees on her leg. ( We need a devil smily)
Karen
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline SwissysRock

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • I love my SWISSY!
    • View Profile
Re: He finally lifts his leg!!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 07:37:50 am »
Thats great!  How old is Judge?  Riley is about 8 months and he still pees like a "girl"   ;)  Do some dogs just never switch?
Tina
:)
Riley's Momma

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 08:37:06 am »
Judge is 14 months. My Father in law had a dog who never lifted his leg. Im not sure when they are supposed to though.
Karen

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 08:52:18 am »
Cowboy is two and a half and he still doesn't lift this leg..but it's probably because of all the meds he's on.  (I think he just has a well-developed feminine side that makes him so thoughtful and sweet!!)

Why is that so many books, vets, recommend neutering them before they lift their legs?  What's the big deal? Unless they do it in the house!)

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 09:18:28 am »
Leo very rarely lifts his leg, but I think his legs are so long that he is too unsteady.  When he pees like a girl he looks embarressed too :D

nickerbokker

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 09:38:14 am »
both my dogs pee like a girl!  and im damn proud of it!!!!

cody will be 4 this year, and well, we all know wangus is just a pup....but i hope he NEVER EVER does it. 

both my guys think they are girls, and what can i say, i live in the gay capitol of the world.  it fits them well.  lol

Offline bigeddythesaint

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 09:48:33 am »
Eddy is 15 months old and still does not lift his leg. We don't think he ever will.  It maybe due to his HD or maybe because he is spoiled like a little baby.  We never had a male dog that did not lift his leg.  Eddy pees a swimming pool full all over his front leg and then for good measure he steps in the pee pool with his back leg.  :P

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 01:53:18 pm »
Bear welcomes Judge to the world of big boys who pee on everything every few steps!  ;D Bear has lifted his leg for as long as I can remember and man, it gets very old when you are trying to take a short walk and he has to stop every few steps to smell, pee, smell, pee, smell, pee...you get the picture. I really think that he has a reserve tank for all of the extra stops we have to make along the way on our walks.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 02:05:00 pm »
LOL jabear. It looked so funny when he squwatted (SP >:(. )
Karen

Offline Jason

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 03:00:55 pm »
From a guys perspective... .

I am completely embarassed because my male Dane squats to pee. The only time he lifts his leg is when he is aiming at something he can't squat over (i.e. the truck of a thorny bush or large pine tree). I really tried to get him to pee like a man, but I have learned to accept him for who he is and not for how he relieves himself.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 04:36:32 pm »
LMAO Jason that is so funny. You are the best Dad ever My hubby was really starting to get bothered by Judge squatting to pee. ;D
Karen

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 06:12:50 pm »
Congrats Karen!...lol...Samso n squats too...My hubby refuses to recognize this & says Sam is in the launch position...lol!

awo

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2005, 06:55:43 pm »
Well I'm glad your boy is all grown up, but now you get to deal with pee on the front legs.  Dudley always overshot and boy does it stink.  We just got to the point where we hosed his legs off afterwards.  Good luck, I would like to know if he has these problems in the future.

awo

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2005, 07:07:53 pm »
OH NO I hope not. Ill let you know if he overshoots. Then I guess he will be joining the other guys in this house. HHEHE
Gypsy I love the launch theory sounds good to me.
Karen

nickerbokker

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2005, 10:45:24 pm »
From a guys perspective... .

I am completely embarassed because my male Dane squats to pee. The only time he lifts his leg is when he is aiming at something he can't squat over (i.e. the truck of a thorny bush or large pine tree). I really tried to get him to pee like a man, but I have learned to accept him for who he is and not for how he relieves himself.

LOL, JASON, PLEASE TELL ME YOU WALKED HIM TO TREES AND LIFTED YOUR LEG!  PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE!  TELL ME YOU LIFTED YOUR LEG ON CARS AND BUSHES AND EVERYTHING ELSE.....