Author Topic: Great Dane Paw...  (Read 9370 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Great Dane Paw...
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 08:27:09 am »
Both of my danes do this. Moose is only 12 weeks old but he comes running at you with his paws out. Smacks you with both of them playing. Brody will stand on her hind legs and "box" swinging both front paws at you. She is normally very good about not hitting unless you get her playing. I always try to remind them that they are purebred great danes and not boxers. They don't seem to care though
Rosie boxes too when she is feeling playful...We have no idea what she really is though...Maybe she is a Boxer...lol... Samson does the kill the slippers thing with my daughter's fuzzy slippers...Gre at entertainment! :D

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • When There's A Will, There's A Way
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 06:07:47 am »
Brutus used to be pretty good, but for some unknown reason, I taught him how to "shake" hands...well.. .lets just say he is very proud of his trick, and you'd better watch out when he decides he wants to introduce himself!!
Emily and the gang

Offline mixedupdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 10:26:23 pm »
I've found that grabbing the paw and squeezing gently (not enough to hurt, but to squish their toes) while saying "NO FEET" works, nobody at my house is allowed to express themselves with their big feet.  I had one adult rescue who was really bad about "punching" in your face, with him I had to resort to pinching him between his toes (you have to be quick and time it right).
Earnest knows a feet command, it's for playing soccer or other games with at big ball, we roll the ball and say "just feet" and he knows to knock the ball around with just his feet and not try to bite it.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 11:00:49 pm »
I wish Navarre would have done the just feet thing.  When we would play soccer he would use his feet, but when he thought you might actually take the ball he'd pick it up with his teeth.  I'm a soccer coach so I kind of need my soccer balls, but the kids thought it was cool when I told them that the gashes in the balls were from my german shepard!!  He did the paw thing too, when I had him as a puppy I also had a cat, and I just figured he learned it from the cat.  His feet could be deadly at times!! 
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix