Author Topic: Keeping the psycho in check  (Read 8421 times)

Offline nostaw

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping the psycho in check
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 02:54:22 pm »
You have my sympathy, The only problem I think, is lack of exercise. He doesnt understand about the cut and stiches, he's starting to feel better and wants to resume his exercise routine. I have a feeling you're going to have problems whatever you do until he is able to get back to a normal routine. Do all you can to stop him getting bored. I agree with melissakins, huge bones will keep him occupied and immobile.

Andy Bell & Hovis
Slime flies when you're having fun!

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 03:41:06 pm »
haha fumble did roll on back and lash around like he was trying to get loose!

aww poor bava! poor you!  i hope that it will get betteR!  we have such stubborn but cute doGS!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 05:10:51 pm »
Kali only does the bear rug attack if your walking by her or are trying to brush her while she's in hyper mode.  Our main problem with the not moving is she loves laying right in front of the kitchen door so you can't get in the house.  If your lucky you can throw your shoulder into the door to get it open enough to squeeze in but sometimes you have to get TD treats...which luckily are kept in the breezeway.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2006, 08:22:22 pm »
Tealk had elbow surgery. He wants to jump all the time. It's almost impossible to keep him calm. Even when you put him in his crate he jumps up and down like Tigger. It is driving me crazy and it has only been 1 week. He is supposed to be calm for 3 weeks. I think we need some of that calming stuff.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2006, 09:44:34 pm »
Hey K9ldy00!, I've been wondering how Tealk is doing, you're a member of the getting-grey-hairs-fast club too, eh? Glad to hear that he is feeling up to being bouncy, sorry to hear your faced with the same thing we are keeping the crazy boy calm :)
Did the vet say if it was ocd of fcp in his elbow?
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2006, 08:37:45 am »
It was a fragmented MCP in the elbow. In three weeks they want to do a TPO surgery on the right hip. The left hip already has arthritis, so they can't do a TPO on it. They were talking complete hip replacement on the left. I'm just taking it one step at a time. I have no insurance on him so it's credit card time.
Tealk thinks there is nothing wrong with him. He can't understand why he can't play with the other doggies. He just thinks I'm the mean Mommy. ::)
Dog Mom to

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2006, 08:52:16 am »
The DAP thing might work. I just clicked on the link in the other post and it said product is out of stock :-\
Dog Mom to

Kiahpyr

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2006, 08:54:03 am »
The DAP thing might work. I just clicked on the link in the other post and it said product is out of stock :-\

I know you can get it at Petco or Petsmart. Let us know how it works.