Author Topic: Has Anyone Heard Of This?  (Read 6849 times)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Has Anyone Heard Of This?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 04:07:04 pm »
Well, now that I know what a half hitch is, I can say you can use it, but not in the manner he does.  I have seen people wrap leashes around the dog's waist while on a walk.  It keeps them from pulling.  But I wouldn't use it to make a dog submit.

Yes, just from what he says, it sounds like he is really full of himself.  I don't see how he can say to use a half hitch in his video, but not w/o help from a professional.  What sense does that make when you're not selling the video to professionals?  It makes no sense to me.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 04:38:51 pm »
After hearing him give Saturday's presentation.. ... yes, he is indeed full of himself!

As for selling to professionals. ... I get the feeling his target group is the dog owner.... because he sells his DVD as a kit with the "specially designed half-hitch lead" for at home use...  he is also opening training centers where HIS trainers will work with people's dogs... I am guessing at a fairly hefty price.

Oh yeah - he said to tranistion the training from on-lead to off-lead, he recommends use of a shock collar.... which he also sells. (no suprise there!)

Here is the company website.... Notice how it doesn't mention the half-hitch or other techniques.... so people will be enticed to purchase the products....hh hhmmmmm.

www.howtotalkd og.com
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 04:44:22 pm by EllieAndBlu »

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 11:44:49 pm »
Well that is just a shame. What a bad man to make money off of people who just want a better relationship with their dogs. He is preying upon people who are in need of true guidance, and he is teaching cruelty to animals. :'( Hopefully anyone with any sense will see through him and seek out better ways to nurture their relationship with their doggie friends. We all want to be able to walk our dogs with a loose leash, but I am not willing to make my dog vomit and lose control of his bodily functions in order to achieve that!!! :(

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 04:10:49 pm »
Another reason to love Cesar Millan.  He freely and shares his knowledge.  However, I think his greatest gift isn't something he can give, sell or package -- he's a pack-leader, not a dog-beater.
Sarah