Author Topic: Please think of Day-z tonight  (Read 11890 times)

Offline dufus

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Please think of Day-z tonight
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2006, 03:16:02 pm »
Well all being well Day-z may live in the UK too one day (I am British, living in Miami), so thanks and good that she has doggy friends there.

Update on her, she is alert and watching the people at the vets office, her stool is firming.

Tests on kidneys happen tomorrow - but I am a lot happier today than i was yesterday.  Thanks so much people for the good BPO karma.

Jill and Day-z xxxx

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2006, 03:24:46 pm »
I hope day-Z continues to improve...Good energies being sent from all of here! :)

Offline roxygirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2006, 03:25:25 pm »
I am gald to hear she is feeling a little better. Hopefully tomorrow she will be bacl to her old self :) Please let us know how she is doing.
Kim
Kim
Great Lakes Mastiff Rescue,Inc.

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2006, 03:41:49 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear about Day-z being in kidney failure. Hope it's the early stages and easily manageable or even better, the reading normalize themselves.

Sending you positive person and big hairy Tibetan Mastiff vibes from England.  :)

Offline dufus

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2006, 04:33:31 pm »
Flynn really is very handsome !

I think Day-z could fall in love, well rather with him than the Pekinese she likes at daycare.

Thanks

Jill

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2006, 04:54:15 am »
I'm sure Flynn would love Day-Z - he finds it very difficult to find girlfriends his own size. All his playmates are shar-pei who are only half his size.

Offline dufus

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2006, 01:59:34 pm »
Update - she is staying at the vets for one more night at least.

Oh welll...

I got in touch with her breeder and her Father was hospitalized for pancreatitis at a fairly young age and had elevated creatinine levels - and happily made a full recovery.

I have told the vet this and while he says they have tested her for that it gives them something else to consider.

This has been one of the longest weeks of my life, and i cannot wait for her to come home.

Thanks all

Jill x

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2006, 02:04:51 pm »
I thought I had already left good wishes for Day-z but when I looked I couldn't find them so I will once again wish Day-z the very best in her recovery and that they find whatever is making her ill and treat her quickly and painlessly.

I'm very sorry your baby isn't home with you hopefully, she can come home and be pampered and loved.

I just love her face she is the cutest baby!!! 

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2006, 02:15:07 pm »
I hope that Day-z recovers soon, and is able to come home soon. Pancreatitis can be a hereditary disease, and vets especially have a harder time diagnosing the disease because the dogs can not talk. Sometimes the other enzymes that they test for will not be elevated, sometimes it takes a day or two for them to elevate enough for a test to show some significance. If you are worried about pancreatitis an ultrasound is an easier way for the vet to see if the pancreas is inflamed. Sorry- pancreatitis is my ultimate enemy- I will be going in for surgery in the next couple of weeks to have half of my pancreas removed because of this awful condition. But the good news is that in dogs pancreatitis is usually caused by a high fat diet and is easily managable with low fat foods.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline dufus

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2006, 02:41:45 pm »
Seems to me to be a big coincidence, Daddy had pancreatitis and upped creatinine and now she does.....

Well, atleast they know about the family history now - which i did not until this afternoon.

So, when I call in the morning I will check that they have investigated this as much as they can.

Hope all works out well with your surgery.

Jill

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2006, 02:44:15 pm »
The more information the better you can fight this thing!  Teddy and I hope Day-Z can come home soon!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2006, 02:54:29 pm »
My Newf girl, Lucille, had pancreatitis and she recovered...bu t not until she had been on steroids and was on a no fat diet.  The vet who treated her said that it is very painful....and had her on a lot of pain medications. 

Is that what's happening with Day-z?  Why are they keeping her at the vet's?  Lucille was really only there to get diagnosed. I just think that our baby's do so much better with their loved ones taking care of them, no matter how good and caring the vet is. 

Just my opinion....  ;)

Offline dufus

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2006, 02:58:16 pm »
They are keeping her at the vets because her stool is still runny and because her creatinine level is still higher than they would like.  So, they are keeping her on IV to help her kidneys out.

However, she has been there much longer than I would have liked - but atleast until tomorrow when we see how the blood and stool is.

The trouble is we don't have a baseline creatinine level for her, so maybe it is always elevated.

Anyhow, they can play it their way until tomorrow and then i want to know what time i am collecting her.

Jill

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2006, 03:04:23 pm »
Anyhow, they can play it their way until tomorrow and then i want to know what time i am collecting her.

Hahaha!!!  I completely understand! We speak the same language!  So she's still on IV's...that explains it then! 

I brought Cowboy home in December still having bloody diarrhea :P :P :P :P but I could tell he was getting depressed.  And that DOES NOT aid in healing.  It was a tough couple of days, but he bounced back and is grand now!

Be prepared for an army's worth of drugs, if your vet is anything like ours.  I had to have them do an hour by hour drug schedule!  The old brain just isn't as organized as it used to be!!! ::)

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2006, 06:16:17 pm »
Good wishes and prayers go out to Day-z and to you. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla