Author Topic: Look at the coat on this beast!!! ( :  (Read 10156 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Look at the coat on this beast!!! ( :
« on: March 22, 2006, 07:59:21 pm »
I've heard that Pyrs usually start to have their "mane" come in around 18 months...Well, here is Pippin at 13 months...I might be biased just a tad...lol...bu t isn't he stunning?!!!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 08:00:08 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Look at the coat on this beast!!! ( :
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 08:04:17 pm »
He's such a handsome boy!!!
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 08:05:38 pm »
WOW!!  Amazing coat!!  Has he just been brushed?  Is he fluffy like that all year around or is some that from his undercoat?

He is so beautiful!  Does he want to move to So. Calif?   ::)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 08:10:55 pm »
WOW!!  Amazing coat!!  Has he just been brushed?  Is he fluffy like that all year around or is some that from his undercoat?

He is so beautiful!  Does he want to move to So. Calif?   ::)
No, he's not just been brushed...Pipp in thinks brushing is THE DEVIL!!...So we get the backs of his legs & behind his ears where he mats & let it go at that unless he is having a really bad hair day...lol!...Yes, he still has most of his undercoat...He just started blowing it & that is a treat let me tell ya'!...lol...I am not sure what he'll look like after he blows all of his undercoat...We picked him up in Missourri at the end of July last year...He was 5 months old then...I'm gonna bet he looks like he lost 10 lbs. when all of the coat blowing is done though! ;D & I'm sorry Pippin can't move to Cali...He would rather move somewhere cooler than IA like Antartica. :D

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 08:17:23 pm »
Now Pippin has a great coat. Are Jackie's lines must be known for great coats?

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 08:19:57 pm »
 ;D Outstanding i bet the birds would love to make a nest with some of his fur! I was brushing my shiloh shepherd outside and as her fur blew away i noticed the birds were picking it up and taking it to there nests! wow handsome boy! marina
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 09:40:32 pm by marinafb »
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 08:32:42 pm »
Now Pippin has a great coat. Are Jackie's lines must be known for great coats?

Lisa
All of her dogs I saw in person had awesome coats!...Pippin looks most like his grandpa Beluga & his great granddad Wolf...Jackie lost Beluga about a month ago...May they both be romping in fields of green together...Her e's "Wolf"...Keep in mind he just came out of the field where he was gaurding goats.

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 09:43:44 pm »
 ;D  I have a customer who has a beautiful Pyrs her name is frosty i have never seen that dog dirty. She has the most amazing coat i have ever seen! marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 09:51:45 pm »
I've heard that Pyrs usually start to have their "mane" come in around 18 months...Well, here is Pippin at 13 months...I might be biased just a tad...lol...bu t isn't he stunning?!!!!

He's totally stunning! He looks like a big friendly Polar Bear. Gorgeous boy!!!
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 11:14:11 pm »

What do you mean "looks like"???...Do you mean he's NOT a polar bear???...I've been duped!! :D

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 06:31:46 am »

Uh, sorry...I mean, what a gorgeous Polar Bear!!! ;)
What do you mean "looks like"???...Do you mean he's NOT a polar bear???...I've been duped!! :D
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 06:54:01 am »
The more pictures you show of Pippin, the higher on the kidnap list he climbs!  He's GORGEOUS!  I can't imagine how you'd deal with that kind of coat on a dog who doesn't like to be brushed.  Thor LOVED to be brushed so it wasn't a problem other than keeping the fur from flying everywhere.  When he blew his coat, there would be huge piles of fur indoors and out.  I tried to brush him outside but then it would look like the lawn was white and I'd have to bag it up and try to put it where it wasn't such a mess but the birds could get it.  He had quite a coat too but nothing like Pippin.
Daphne

Offline mal-coholic

• Ankle Biter
  • My beloved mal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 06:55:06 am »
Pippin looks great!!!

And he'd definetely choose Antarctica! LOL
Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 07:00:51 am »
The more pictures you show of Pippin, the higher on the kidnap list he climbs!  He's GORGEOUS!  I can't imagine how you'd deal with that kind of coat on a dog who doesn't like to be brushed.  Thor LOVED to be brushed so it wasn't a problem other than keeping the fur from flying everywhere.  When he blew his coat, there would be huge piles of fur indoors and out.  I tried to brush him outside but then it would look like the lawn was white and I'd have to bag it up and try to put it where it wasn't such a mess but the birds could get it.  He had quite a coat too but nothing like Pippin.
Samson only did a partial blow last sunne & I swear the hair seemed liek it would never quit coming out!...This year I've have both boys with the fur flying in a seriousness I think....Pippi n will be getting brushed alot more than he likes too!...I bag up the hair & give it to Samson's breeder...She spins it & makes mittens & hats etc. out of it...I am hoping I'll get a nice Sammy/Pippin hat! ;D I've heard Pyr hair is so warm it has to be around zero to even wear the hats comfortably... Ty all for the nice comments on my polar bear hybrid! :D ( That's what I tell people they are sometimes when I'm feeling goofy! ;D )

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 07:08:07 am »
His coat looks bigger than that of my CO LOL... Must be fun during the fur storm LOL  He is a beuatiful boy
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka