Author Topic: American Idol Fans!  (Read 54810 times)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: American Idol Fans!
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 07:26:20 pm »
I agree Julie. I often wonder about Randy. He always says the samething over and over. UGH!

I totally agree.

"Nah man, it was just a'ight for me dog." EVERY SINGLE TIME. ;P

Oh boy do I love Taylor. He is on fire tonight. Love him ;)Mandisa is next. Hooray!!!
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 07:37:53 pm »
Man, I need to get television. We all want it in my house but no one will come forward to get it installed and make that first payment.  ::)
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2006, 07:38:07 pm »
Anyone else think Paula's on something? :P

lol YES.  :D
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)

k2campbell

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2006, 08:11:51 pm »

OMG - yes she is.  Paula is high.  She can't even speak.

Anyone watch the show tonight?  I thought it was a crappy show, no one was really that great.  Chris was good, but I don't think a lot of viewers will like music that heavy.  Ace is starting to bug me a bit, he's just a little "too much".  Catherine was ok.  Taylor (my fav) did good, I liked what he did tonight, but he didn't do as good as usual. 

Was an "ok" show ;)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2006, 10:01:10 pm »

OMG - yes she is.  Paula is high.  She can't even speak.

Anyone watch the show tonight?  I thought it was a crappy show, no one was really that great.  Chris was good, but I don't think a lot of viewers will like music that heavy.  Ace is starting to bug me a bit, he's just a little "too much".  Catherine was ok.  Taylor (my fav) did good, I liked what he did tonight, but he didn't do as good as usual. 

Was an "ok" show ;)

I agree that the show tonight was sub-par. But see I liked what Taylor did tonight. I think it showed that he's more versatile than people originally thought. It was nice to see him just stand back and sing a song.

I liked Paris a lot tonight. I thought she was supercute.
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Kiahpyr

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 08:12:37 am »
I thought the song choice was bad also. This should have been one of the best nights. Songs of the past six years are awesome! The ones that stood out for me are Taylor, Chris, and Paris.

Taylor did very well. I agree it was nice just to hear him sing. I still think he needs to break out the harmonica. 

Paris is so versitle. Her voice when she talks is so soft and sweet. Then when she sings it's this big huge voice. Hard to believe it's coming from her.

Since it was a bad night, I really couldn't say who's leaving.

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 02:12:20 pm »
Let's be honest --> last night sucked! >:( I'm probably harsh re this show, but remember, they want us to buy an album from these folks AND from the winner. I wouldn't have stayed to watch a free concert of the performances last night.  I think anybody could go home, but hope it's either Bucky or Lisa (sorry!). I usually love Taylor, but he bored me. Chris was just shouting, not much sexy energy. And as much as I love Mandisa, I didn't get her song at all. Paris was fun, but I sort of agreed with Simon -- when she made sexy dance moves, I was a little shocked! :o I'm sure it's my issue.  :P  All that said, I'll still tune in tonight and next week. ;D I'm hooked!

BTW - My Bear sometimes howls along when he hears operatic voices. Maybe I should audition him for AI next year! :D Jennifer
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 07:53:41 pm »
What did you think of tonight's performances? I haven't watched it yet. I will be as soon as my daughters falls asleep. Can't live without my dvr! Hope it's better then last week.

k2campbell

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 09:33:11 pm »
I think Chris did really well (but then again I love Keith Urban and that's who's song he sang), Catherine, Ace & Paris were all good.  Bucky was alright, Taylor did well (but) was kind of boring (I thought anyhow).  But I liked the song he sang...

Country's a tough thing for some of them to sing ;)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 07:43:40 am »
Well I missed the whole thing last night. I was busy rehearsing a terrible show and breaking my stupid toe. How was it? Fill me in? Please? :)
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Kiahpyr

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2006, 11:39:16 am »
OMG I can't believe you missed it! It was better then last week, but still not good. The ones that stood out were Paris, Chris, Kelly, & Elliot (even though I'm not a big fan of his). It was all song choice once again. I was really disappointed in Taylor. I want his wild side back again. He just stood up and sang again. Nothing impressive. It was country night, so what can I say. 

Oh you did miss Simon disagreeing with Paula. She didn't like a performance, but Simon did! I'm sorry I don't remember who's it was. I did agree with Simon though.

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2006, 12:15:17 pm »
Darn it!!! I missed a Simon vs. Paula showdown?!?! NO!!! And can you believe I have to miss tonight too? I'll be hobbling around with my broken self to the tunes of Cole Porter at stupid, stupid, STUPID rehearsal this evening instead of watching American Idol. You must fill me in immediately after it airs!!!

I NEED to get DVR immediately!!!
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2006, 09:28:33 pm »
OMG why is nobody telling me what happened?!?!?!?!? :o
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2006, 07:25:46 am »
OMG why is nobody telling me what happened?!?!?!?!? :o

Mandessa got kicked off last night.  They told her that it just shows even if you have a great voice song selection is still key.  Next week they are to sing songs by Queen.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2006, 07:32:33 am »
I remember who the fight was over between the judges on tuesday night. It was Paris. I thought she did wonderful! That's why I was shocked by the bottom three. It was Mandisa, Elliot & Paris. I know of at least one singer who should have gone first. AHHH!

Hopefully next week will be better with Queen!