Author Topic: American Idol Fans!  (Read 54804 times)

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: American Idol Fans!
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2006, 02:58:06 am »
 :o
I am SHOCKED!!! 
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2006, 04:02:23 am »
I REFUSE TO WATCH THE REST OF THAT SHOW!!!!!!!
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2006, 04:34:46 am »
this is absolutely awful for me to say!  but i feel like i need to share it with someone other than my sister.. Elliot is a good singer and all, but does anyone else think that he's starting to sport the teen wolf look???

and i'm in complete shock about chris!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2006, 06:23:37 am »
this is absolutely awful for me to say!  but i feel like i need to share it with someone other than my sister.. Elliot is a good singer and all, but does anyone else think that he's starting to sport the teen wolf look???

and i'm in complete shock about chris!
I saw it on the news this morning.  Looks like Katherine was shocked too. 
I agree.  I don't like the teen wolf look either.   
I'm flabergasted.
Rest assured Chris will get a record deal just like Clay Akin did. 

Offline Magnus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2006, 06:39:32 am »
I hate to say I was right about this. Now while my wife and I like Taylor in a Michael McDonald old school way, I have an explanation that may explan why he has SO MANY more votes. There has been a movement in the last few years called vote for the worst on voteforthewors t.com, and the past few weks its been Taylor. Its a pretty funny site.  HOWEVER, I cannot explain Elliot. He has a good thaetrical type voice, but way too much verbratto for pop/rock/rnb.  Finally, I think all of Chris' fans became complacent and figured he is a shoe in.  BTW it is rumored that Chris was already offered to be the new Fuel front man which would be a great fit for him.
StanLee- American Mastiff
Julie- Rottie
Steve- Pug/Jack Russel
Neeko- My old rottie friend waiting at the bridge

Kiahpyr

« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2006, 07:22:45 am »
OMG CHRIS IS GONE! I can't believe it!!!

I was out last night and didn't get to watch it. I do have it recorded. I'm going to cry! :'(

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2006, 07:24:05 am »
As hard as it is, I bet he has a better career though because of it.  Seems to me they get locked into those AI contracts and don't have control of their own career.  It was shocking to watch though...the look on his face was such disbelief!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

k2campbell

« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2006, 07:26:52 am »
Chris was my fav too, but we all know he'll have NO problem getting signed into a record deal.  BUT - the good that has come from this is that now we can watch Taylor win! ;)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2006, 07:39:37 am »
As hard as it is, I bet he has a better career though because of it.  Seems to me they get locked into those AI contracts and don't have control of their own career.  It was shocking to watch though...the look on his face was such disbelief!

I totally agree - he is going to be better off in the long run... that rockin' boy needs to be fronting a band! As for the look of shock - I think it was on MY face! lol
I got home just as the credits were rolling and saw Chris was singing... I was stunned!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2006, 07:58:27 am »
I too need to get a life.  This is the first season we have actually watched.  It may be the last.  I also can't believe Chris got ousted last night.  I am not a huge fan but thought he did have the best of the voices and did both of his songs well on Tuesday night.

his heart was absolutely not in the last song I actually felt very bad for him.  In my opinion Katherine should have gone home last night you can't forget your lyrics and go on to win.

As so many others have said - he will do fine - I look forward to seeing him in the future

Offline TriadX

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2006, 12:47:25 am »
Chris is really HOT! Oh my he makes my blood boil. Yes I know I'm married. I can look can't I!?

Chris could not really sing that well. But,it is always nice to know who your wife is fantasizing about...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 01:28:48 am by TriadX »

Offline TriadX

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2006, 01:36:05 am »
Chris can sing to me anytime! Wow he is so hot! Shh! Don't tell my hubby! ;) Last night was good, but still not one of the best nights. I think Kellie or Paris might be going home tonight. My top three choices are Katherine, Chris & Taylor.
  Nobody needs to tell me. I can read.

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2006, 07:27:44 am »
SCANDLE!!!

`American Idol' voting mix-up? American Idol sent rocker Chris Daughtry...fro m the Miami Herald(5/13)

American Idol sent rocker Chris Daughtry home Wednesday night, but Daughtry's fans aren't quite ready to let him go. At least one online petition, with more than 16,000 names attached, is calling for a recount of the American Idol votes.

MSNBC.com has received numerous e-mails and bulletin board posts claiming that voters who dialed the first of Daughtry's two phone numbers were greeted by a recorded message from Idol singer Katharine McPhee, thanking the caller for voting for her. According to Wednesday night's show, McPhee received the second-lowest number of votes, after Daughtry.

Tracey Adams, a family friend of Daughtry's, said fans from his North Carolina hometown were among those who heard another contestant's voice when calling for Daughtry.

One fan wrote: 'They had another voting mess-up. When I called to vote for Chris, Katharine says `Thanks for voting for me.' I thought I dialed the wrong number, so I tried again, to hear Katharine, again. People were trying to vote for Chris -- not Katharine! That's why Chris went home. GRRRR. REDO please!''

Other voters claimed that they were able to get through on both of Daughtry's numbers and heard his voice, not McPhee's. Still others said that despite calling solidly for two hours, they were never able to get through and place a vote for Daughtry.

FOX was not able to immediately respond to a request for comment Friday morning.

The news wasn't all bad for Daughtry this week. Thursday night on Extra he was offered a job with the band Fuel, from bass player Jeff Abercrombie and guitarist Carl Bell.

''Chris, if you are watching, we've talked about this before, and if you want to entertain it again, we'll take it and go,'' Abercrombie said.

Daughtry performed the band's song Hemorrhage on a recent Idol show.

In other Idol news, with the field filtered down to the final three, Paula Abdul has cast her lot in the competition.

''I am going to be honest with you -- I want Elliott [Yamin] to win,'' she tells Teen People, crediting herself in part for ``making America wake up and see the talent that Elliott possesses.''
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 07:29:32 am by Softhug »
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Kiahpyr

« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2006, 08:35:47 am »
Chris can sing to me anytime! Wow he is so hot! Shh! Don't tell my hubby! ;) Last night was good, but still not one of the best nights. I think Kellie or Paris might be going home tonight. My top three choices are Katherine, Chris & Taylor.
  Nobody needs to tell me. I can read.
It's also nice to know that hubby's spying on me! :P

Kiahpyr

« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2006, 03:09:56 pm »
Just a reminder American Idol is on tonight!!! I can't help myself! I have to watch to see what happens!