Author Topic: Well my dog is in heat  (Read 4014 times)

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Well my dog is in heat
« on: March 25, 2006, 04:57:20 pm »
Day one LOL  She is in a pair of boxers saying Fragile...  My husband reinforced and modified her crate, making it zero proof.  So far all is well, he hasnt really shown much interest and when he does, chara is right there telling him to back off.  He is sad if anything :(

They are only together under my closer supervision other wise chara is crated. During the week, she will stay home in the house and zero will go with me to my brothers...and I will alternate dogs when she progresses further into her heat so they are not together at all

Figures... she was scheduled for her spay for Monday... I tell myself, everything happens for a reason

Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Lyn

Re: Well my dog is in heat
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 05:50:43 pm »
Poor Zero. He looks so bummed out. LOL Chara is stylin' in those boxers though.  :D

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 05:51:23 pm »
Chara is even more gorgeous than ever, and the boxers just make her look like she's Queen $#17.   :D 

The same thing happened with my little rat dog Kida, she went into heat a couple days before her spay, what a PITA that was.  Besides worrying about an unwanted litter, I had to worry about her getting hurt since she was all of 10lbs and the boys were 65 and 85lbs(ouch).

Good luck the next month!
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 06:28:49 pm »
Poor Chara!...lol...I had the same thing happen to a ferel cat I took in only my idiot brother let her outside!!!...She had 2 kittens & one didn't live even 24 hours & sadly there was nothing that could be done for her...We kept the remianing kitten & mama...I love our little oops Little Bitty Henry The 8th!...Good luck juggling the puppers Babs! :)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 06:34:17 pm »
Aww poor Zero ;D

But Chara does look good in those boxers!!
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

cricket36580

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 06:38:30 pm »
I'm liking the boxers too...  Very happening!!!

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 06:48:03 pm »
YA, THE BOXERS ARE SO CUTE. MY PUPPY JUSTICE IS GOING ON 3 1/2 MONTHS, WHEN SHOULD I EXPECT HER TO GO IN HEAT? AROUND 6 MOS RIGHT? IM HOPING TO GET HER SPAYED BEFORE THEN BUT IM NOT SURE YET. WE'RE STILL WORKING ON THE POTTY TRAINING THING. IF I CATCH HER IN TIME SHE'LL GO OUTSIDE BUT IF NOT SHE DOESNT HESITATE TO GO RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, PEE OR POOP. GRRRR

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 06:48:46 pm »
very cute! Love the boxers and Chara doesnt seem to hate them either! Good luck!!!
Carole

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 06:59:44 pm »
The boxers are cute! She looks adorable. A friend of mine just spent the last four weeks cutting tail holes in the back of pull-ups for her ACD-mix (she was a foster of mine before that). She had her schedule for a spay the week after it started, too.

The best part was that her daughter had her 6th birthday party at the house (Cinderella came over), and she had to explain to all the parents and kids why Roxy had a pullup on. LOL

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2006, 07:09:42 pm »
We went through the same thing with Daisy...she went into heat before she was spayed. Pull ups saved us!!  ;)
I even had a great hole-cutting technique going.

Good luck this month!
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2006, 06:11:41 am »
Well At least I am not alone LOL... Chara is 10months on monday...  I should be ok on the juggling because I am fortunate enough to take zero with me during the work week otherwise I would be a bit more lost because I dont want to keep chara crated during the day...

I am taking this all as a learning experience... watching behaviors and attitude changes and marking them on my calendar ec...

Getting my Zero to eat is the hard part :(
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2006, 12:37:14 pm »
Day one LOL  She is in a pair of boxers saying Fragile...  My husband reinforced and modified her crate, making it zero proof.  So far all is well, he hasnt really shown much interest and when he does, chara is right there telling him to back off.  He is sad if anything :(

They are only together under my closer supervision other wise chara is crated. During the week, she will stay home in the house and zero will go with me to my brothers...and I will alternate dogs when she progresses further into her heat so they are not together at all

Figures... she was scheduled for her spay for Monday... I tell myself, everything happens for a reason

she can still be spayed, heat or not,,,,,,,,,,,,,good luck
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2006, 02:30:02 pm »
Getting my Zero to eat is the hard part :(

Why is her heat affecting his appetite? I am confused ???

She looks cute in her little boxers ;)
RIP former BPO

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2006, 02:33:47 pm »
she can still be spayed, heat or not,,,,,,,,,,,,,good luck

I thought it was extremely dangerous to spay a dog in heat though? Doesn't it like cause more blood loss or something like that?
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2006, 03:04:44 pm »
Food it the last think on Zero's mind.   ::) Dixe's heat made Sugar Bear crazy and he is fixed.  They both were just as moody as they could be for three weeks.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)