Author Topic: Just wondering....  (Read 4977 times)

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Just wondering....
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006, 10:43:57 am »
Oh yes, the phone. All the furkids could be sleeping and the minute I get on the phone they start. They get wild and play and bark and howl, like you're supposed to be paying attention to us, not talking to someone on the phone!
One time I was trying to place an order over the phone and they started barking and howling. I told the lady on the phone "hold on one minute" Then I yelled SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!  When I got back on the phone she was laughing hysterically ;D
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

GR8DAME

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2006, 10:57:29 am »
Strider will stand in the middle of the room and moan, woo-woo, grumble, groan and finally bark to get something he wants. Merlin lets him do all the talking, and just cashes in on the benifits. We call him the Spokesdog. Raven only does that high pitched-scrape-on-your-last-nerve doberman whine.
As far as being interrupted on the phone, try dogs AND kids.
Stella

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2006, 11:04:44 am »
Boo talks even though she's deaf.  Especially if I give her the no sign.  She'll woo and "talk" like she's giving her reasons why I should let her do what she wants.  So I'll tell her why she can't do whatever it is that she's doing and then the conversation starts.  Her growling, wooing and talking and me telling her no.  My daughter sits there and laughs hysterically everytime Boo and I get into it.  You'd never know she's deaf by the way she talks back  ;D

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006, 11:27:31 am »
Riley's a talker. I don't know about other Saints, but he likes to grumble, moan/sigh, and bark. I'll tell him no, and he'll let out a long sigh. He used to bark and when I'd say, "Hush," he'd look right at me and bark again, just like he was talking back to me. He doesn't do that much anymore. He does like to grumble when he's not getting his way. He's very dramatic about it. If I'm not paying attention to him, he paws at me (he picked it up from Sadie who does it when she needs to go to the bathroom). Then, if his big ol' paw isn't enough, he'll sit right in front of me and bark a couple of times.

Sadie will bark is she's guarding me/our home. She has occasionally whined-to get outside to see a cat or dog (a few times) and once because she had to throw up (smart dog-I never knew her to whine, so I immediately took her outside... thank goodness-it was a mess).

chaosndestruction

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 12:38:44 pm »
Tikaani talks back all the time...he likes to argue...(he's 3/4 husky, 1/4 GS)

Arisha on the other hand is pretty quiet unless she needs to go potty then she roo's, whines and jumps about until you let her. (she's 3/4 husky, 1/4 mal) She used to roo (you know the malamute roo) when we first got her and she had to be left alone for a little bit.