Author Topic: Western NY get together???  (Read 2157 times)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Western NY get together???
« on: March 24, 2006, 09:51:43 am »
Hi everyone

A recent post about an adopted puppy has shown us that there are some people living fairly close to one another and we are thinking of a meet and greet.  Rochester is not known for dog parks although there is one unofficial park.  If you are interested in getting together please let us know where you are from and if your area has any nice dog parks - we don't have to do the Rochester area but something close by - Batavia, Buffalo, Syracuse or anyplace in between.

Hopefully we can pull this off in the spring before it gets to hot.  Hope to hear from lots of you!!

Randy & Harley

Offline saintmellor

• Gnawer
  • anna
    • View Profile
Re: Western NY get together???
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 12:11:02 pm »
from canandaigua no official dog parks here but there are places to go.  there are some geat trails and places i take my dogs.  i live in apartment that i own without a big yard so i try to find all the places possible where i can walk my dogs and hopefully let them off leash to play,  although anna the saint bernard loves other dogs, i am still watching jenny the dogue with my parents and sisters dogs to make sure she is dog friendly but so far she has been great. i would really like to find some dog parks so my dogs can become as socialized as possible.

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 10:15:24 pm »
 ;) I m located just outside buffalo i have a cousin in canandaigua and i know it is beautiful there Bryce would love a short road trip! Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 10:22:59 pm »
I'm not far south of Canandaigua.  I don't know of any dog parks either but will try to do some research and see what I can find!  The Eider man could really use some play dates!  Piper is willing to play but her body just won't do it. 
Daphne

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 01:44:23 pm »
Just at the Dr's office this morning I was reading an article in the Democrat and Chronicle about dog parks of all things!  http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060327/NEWS01/603270309
Hope this link will work.  Ellison park is listed as one where they want to put one but they don't have the $ yet.  The article said they had $29,000 of $50,000 for fencing for 4 parks.  I'm wondering why they don't at least start fencing one of the parks. Anyway, I thought it was interesting since this just came up that we were trying to find a location.  DH is pretty familiar with our area and he doesn't know of any place except one commercial location:
http://www.boomtowne.com/about_facilities.htm
From the looks of the place though, I don't think we could go there without a small fortune to rent it.  I'll keep looking and pondering.
Daphne

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 02:03:49 pm »
I actually read that article this morning also.  I asked someone about Ellison Park yesterday (the weather was nice) they said there would probably be about 50 dogs there.  That is were one of the parks is supposed to be.

I am still checking around looking for a good location - is it worth it to go to a place where they can only play on leash?????  what do you all think???????

Maybe somewhere on the Erie Canal??  Or at a park where they can see each other but not play off lead?

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 08:31:26 am »
I love Niagara on the Lake - it is a few hours from here but worth the trip.