Author Topic: Our new additions (hopefully)  (Read 2707 times)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Our new additions (hopefully)
« on: March 26, 2006, 09:08:16 pm »
Meet Posey (the chocolate tricolor) and Diego/Nigel (black tricolor).

They are the two rat terriers we have "adopted"  I am hoping to show Posey if I can get the nerve when we move.

I've already told my friend we will take them.  I've just recently become aware that not all towns allow multiple dogs.  The thought had never crossed my mind, b/c where I used to live they allowed 4 dogs/cats/combo of the two.  So I need to start researching the western Chicago area to find out city ordinances.  I've found no counties have ordinances and only Aurora so far has a limit of 2 same species pets (total # of allowed pets, 4)

We don't officially pick them up until right before we move b/c we are only allowed 2 dogs on base.  I hate to have to go back on my word to my friend, but we have to move to this area as hubby will be going to Northern Illinois University.  So if anyone in the Chicago area knows of any towns that have rules on this, please let me know.  We move in May, so I need to move fast on this.  Gah!  This really upsets me as this had never even crossed my mind as a possibility.   :P  :'(  :P

Anyway, here are some pics (sorry, I get carried away once I start posting) from their visit in Feb:

Can you find Posey?........lol

By the end of their visit in Feb, Gunther loved these little guys.   :)

Kiahpyr

Re: Our new additions (hopefully)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 09:11:53 pm »
That sucks about the whole ordiance thing. I've never would have thought about that either. Hopefully you'll find some place to have all the pets you desire.

Your new furbabies are adorable! Looks like they'll all get along wonderfully. Good luck with your move.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 09:13:07 pm »
Awww, they're cute!  I love the photos with the little ones and Gunther or Keiko.  Too cute! :)

Offline roxygirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 09:37:03 pm »
Awww, they are adorable. All of your furbabies are beautiful! ;D
Kim
Kim
Great Lakes Mastiff Rescue,Inc.

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 05:16:20 am »
That is SO CUTE!  I love the "snarly" picture and the "find Posey" picture! 

I do know that we have to watch the 4 dog rule here, othewise I need a kennel license which can be done but is a PITA.  Good luck finding somewhere that you can have them!
Daphne

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 08:10:04 am »
Such cute pics!  I love the big/tiny contrast!  It's is so funny!!!

GR8DAME

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 08:27:25 am »
These are all suburbs west of Chicago in my area:
Lyons-3 of any specie in any combination, including ferrets and rabbits
Brookfield-3 dogs, cats are not required to be licensed
Countryside-2 dogs
LaGrange, Lagrange Park, Lagrange Highlands-3
Westmont-3
Stickney-2

The further west you go the more relaxed the rules, I think. Not encouraging you to break the law or anything, but if you get a good relationship with your nieghbors they won't snitch on you, and you can always have use someone else's address to license the extra dog and say that you are dog sitting. Some unincorporated areas have no limit at all. I would take a look and figure out what communities you would be interested in moving to and call their city halls and inquire. Or PM them to me and I will do it for you and not involve long distance phone charges.
Stella
Modified because I am a dufus.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 08:28:38 am by GR8DAME »

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 11:27:32 am »
Well, I am about to get started emailing the animal control from each county and see if they can give me any info on the cities w/i the county.

We are a bit farther west than that Stella. I guess I should have been a bit more clear.  I say west Chicago b/c no one knows where DeKalb is...........l ol  Hubby wants to go to NIU, so we are looking at areas of DeKalb, Boone, Olga, Winnebago, McHenry, Lake, DuPage, Cook and Kane counties.  So there are quite a few towns to look at.  I am mostly interested in areas surrounding the city DeKalb, as that is where NIU is located, but will also need to consider commute time for work to NW Chicago or Rockford.

Some of these towns are very small (which I like), so I'm really hoping they are lenient on this kind of thing.  I considered just moving there and saying "oops, we didn't know", but if someone did complain then I would be SOL.  I will see where I get with the emailing.

Modified b/c I don't know how to spell.  :P
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 12:35:06 pm by ZooCrew »

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 07:59:25 am »
Oh how cute are they! The last pic of them all sleeping is my favorite! Too cute. you are so lucky! ;D
Good luck with the move!
Carole