Author Topic: cracked nose  (Read 12796 times)

nickerbokker

cracked nose
« on: May 28, 2005, 09:05:17 am »
so...i wasn't going to post today because i am late for shift numero uno at golds.....BUT, i just had to ask how many other people out there go in to kiss your dogs head, or in my case the devils head, and they crack your nose.....CUZ MINE IS BLEEDING!  i've broken my nose 3 times, and i know this wasn't a break, but damn he hit me hard LOL....and now there is blood all over my last clean uniform....so i will have to do laundry and be more late to work!   DONT YOU LOVE BEING CRACKED IN THE HEAD!

have a good day friends!  talk to you tonight!

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: cracked nose
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 09:23:50 am »
Ouch!..Sammy has never cracked in the nose but we do have another ongoing problem...lets just say that my hubby has to protect his privates when Sam comes to greet him...lol!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 10:00:18 am »
Thats funny Gypsy. Judge does that too only he leaves a big slober mark. HEHEHE. nickerbokker Judge hasnt done that. Wonder how you can get him to stop throwing his head when you kiss him? Hope your feeling better.
Karen
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

nickerbokker

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 10:01:01 am »
SUPER NEWS.....

SO, AS YOU ALL KNOW, I FOUND OUT LAST NIGHT THAT I HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO TB.....AND NOW MY BOSS DOESN'T WANT ME TO WORK AT THE GYM UNTIL I GET TESTED AND STUFF....WHICH MEANS MORE TIME ON HERE!

BUT FOR NOW, I HAVE TO CALL THE CALI HEALTH DEPARTMENT, SO I'LL BE BACK LATER!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 10:37:06 am »
Well, it looks like you're just gonna have to keep medicating yourself with the wine!  I need some good entertainment anyhow.

A few weeks ago Leo would not get into the back of my Izuzu Trooper so I hopped in first and patted the floor for him to jump in too (if he thinks I'm leaving without him he complies).  So, he jumps in, but his head hit my cheek bone with 175lbs. of force behind it and MAN did that hurt!  It swelled right up and hurt for a week!  It only left a little bruise at least.  How's your nose now? 

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 11:43:40 am »
OHHH, your poor nose! Hutch is pretty good with the head butting, but those paws... I've had the bloody nose from the paws twice now. Hope that your tests come back clear! Good luck.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 03:17:49 pm »
I have been hit a couple of times in the head by my Dobe Ace, well it was just like a head bunt and boy does it ever hurt.  I guess I should learn to bob when he weaves.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 12:24:44 pm »
I've been smacked numerous times when doing that but it is usually in the chin or jaw which hurts soooo bad too. I never new a dog could have a head made out of steel, but apparently it is more common than I originally thought.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 04:05:42 pm »
As I mentioned in a different thread, I am a newbie here, so "hi".  Here is my tale of terror...  it is kind of long, but typical of the type of stuff that always happens to me!   ;)

I lost my almost 14 year old mixed breed, Cabo, back in March of last year, and I was devastated.  I was sorely missing a big furry head by my side.  (We have a second dog in the family too, but, no, THAT dog wasn't good enough.  It had to be a black and fuzzy dog!).  

The people down the street from us had two Newfies that I had always admired from afar, but I had never really talked to the people that owned them.  One day my fiance comes back from walking Other Dog and says "You have a play-date with the Newfies down the street next Tuesday".  He felt really bad about how sad I was and saw these poor people in their front yard one day and basically accosted them and explained our situation, and asked if I could come over and pet their dogs some day.  What a man!  

So the magic day arrives and we go to their house to meet their dogs.  As soon as my butt hits their couch, the first thing that happens is the dogs mob me (which I am used to) and their "teenage" Newfie head butts me right in the mouth.  Hard.  

Now, I am sure these people (who don't know us from Adam, but have been nice enough to invite us into their home so that I can basically just hug their dogs and cry into their fur) already think we are TOTAL FREAKS, so the last thing I want to do is have to say "Oh hi, nice to meet you.  By the way, do you have a Kleenex for the blood that is pooling up in my mouth right now?"  I was totally embarrased, and I didn't them to feel bad that their dog had just opened up a can of whup-@ss on me.  So, I just kind of smiled with my mouth shut, and kept swallowing and trying to discreetly wipe it away....  

Sigh.  So typical of my life.  Maybe some other time I will tell you about the time my dog exposed me in front of a group of gang members....  
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

nickerbokker

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 04:13:09 pm »
not that the first story wasn't great....BUT I MUST HEAR THE SECOND!  COME ON AND SHARE!  LOL

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 04:35:48 pm »
I liked that one!  I had a good belly laugh, but I need to hear about the other story if you want to be friends with me... ;D  I'm a big liar don't listen to me, I already like ya!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 04:38:07 pm »
Wow! So, did you end up with a Newf??
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005, 04:44:00 pm »
Well, I am SUPPOSED to be working, but...   ;D 

When I was younger (thinner and cuter, too!), I lived in a not so great part of town.  Not horrible, ghetto-bad - just kind of run down and shabby, but a real "neighborhood" and I liked it.  Yes, there were some homeless guys around, and some gangs liked to hang out on the street corners, and people felt free to use illegal drugs right out on the streets, but, hey, nothing bad ever happened to me.   Ahh, to be young and stupid again.

So, one night it was late and I had the urge for chocolate.  No, I NEEDED chocolate.  Right then.  You know it goes.  

I decide that I will walk up to the 7-11 around the corner and procure some candy.  Well, I am not dressed all that great, but who wants to get dressed up to go to 7-11 at like midnight, right?  So, I have on a v-neck t-shirt.  I am not wearing a bra (this will be key later), and I have no desire to put one on.  

I decide to take the dog (not Cabo, he would never do this to his mommy!  This was before him) with me.  Jester and I head out and as we get to the 7-11, I notice that there is a big group of thuggy gang-type guys hanging out in front.  Well, alright, I will just pretend to be invisible and wrap my little button-front sweater more tightly around me to camoflauge my lack of bra as I slink through the center of the group.  

Usually, if there were not too many people inside, I would normally just take Jester into the 7-11 with me, but for some reason it was the place to be that night.  Since I was literally going in for like 2.5 seconds, I decided it would be okay to leave Jester outside (I know, I don't do it anymore.  See above comment about young and stupid).  I tie him to the news rack thingy, ask the gang guys to keep an eye on him, and pop in.  I come out with my bulging bag full of candy in one hand and unwrap this leash with the other.  At this point, he decides he is overwhelmingly happy to see his mommy and jumps up on me.  Since I don't have a free hand to stop him he jumps all the way up on me, and on the way down, he gets his paw caught in the v-neck of my t-shirt.  This. combined with this weight and downward momentum, causes the neck of the t-shirt to rip and pull until it is all the way down around my waist.  I am aware of a sudden suspicious amount of cool night air on my boobs, and look down to see that they are both fully exposed.  

At that point, everything went black and all I could hear was all the gang members shouting "Good boy...good, good doggy!"

Stories of this nature?  Unfortunately - I got a million of 'em.

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2005, 04:51:45 pm »
LOL!!!  That is so funny!  You have great stories to tell - I think you should come here more often!  Nicker shoots stuff out of her nose when she hears stories like these!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2005, 04:55:04 pm »
Wow! So, did you end up with a Newf??
Oh, I wish!  We were living in Michigan at the time I lost Cabo, but were just about to move back to California.  I didn't want to adopt until we got back here...  
I ended up with my current monster-dog, Ranger.  He is a St. Bernard mix, but pretty small, only about 100 llbs.  He will be 2 years old in August.  Not sure what he is mixed with...  Heard from the original shelter in AZ that took him in that it might be Brittany Spaniel...  

He is the worst dog ever, but I love him...  I better, nobody else will!   ;D

I will try to get a picture of him up here at some point, but I am forced to admit that I can't figure out how to get them off my camera phone (lowers head, slinks away in shame...)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!