Author Topic: Did your Big Paw Baby have trouble making friends?  (Read 2936 times)

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Did your Big Paw Baby have trouble making friends?
« on: March 28, 2006, 03:48:12 pm »
Nobody wants to play with Teddy - no other doggies we've met anyway.  (Of course the people ALL adore him!  LOL)

We live in town and most dogs are small (shitzu & bichon types) but none of them will bother with my little baby and he just wants to be friends!  One nose sniff and they run behind their owners.

Anybody else feel like their big paw baby was a misfit?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 03:48:52 pm by PennyK »
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Did your Big Paw Baby have trouble making friends?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 03:55:45 pm »
AWwwwwww...Poo r Teddy!  :-*  He just wants to be a buddy...  I hope when our puppy gets here that we don't have that problem.  At least you don't have mojos running up and messing with you.   ;)
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 04:04:11 pm »
Everytime we are at PetSmart some little mojo want's to eat Sugar Bear. 
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 04:05:19 pm »
Hi,

Poor Teddy how could they not want to play with such a beauty!! They probably are just jealous!! That their owners pay more attention to Teddy then they do to the Mojo's
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

GR8DAME

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 04:26:10 pm »
When Atticus goes to the dog park he is often the big dork that sticks around the two legged kind.  He trys to play with the other dogs but hes always triping over them or being ignored.  Overall he runs around, makes an idiot of himself and we go home.  I don't think he is ever missed by the other dogs.

Osiris on the other hand is a regular casa nova when we go to the dog park.  He woes the ladies and charms the men.  Everyone seems to want to be his friend.

So it looks like I have a Dork and a Don Juan HAHA

Obviously his dog park buddies have seen the prison flick starring Osiris and Gizmo.
Stella
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 04:27:20 pm by GR8DAME »

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 05:04:00 pm »
Seems to go one way or the other with Drake and unfamiliar dogs.  Either they snap at him, which are usually the little shyte dogs who can do nothing but get a mouthful of fur, or they want to hump him.  He does have his buddies, like Yogi, who he gets along with very well.  Like most of your dogs, I think he likes humans better anyway.
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 06:22:58 pm »
Gunther is one of the most popular dogs at the park, with both humans and canines alike.  As a puppy, he met his best friend Maggie, a basset hound and they still play ever chance they get.  He hung around smaller dogs for quite some time.......... but now has broken out of his shell a bit and will play with just about anybody, although he still has his favorites.

Blair

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 06:43:32 pm »
Mr. Grey is afraid of other dogs, he will always hide from them. But then again Mr. Grey has never played with a dog his size  :(. Zeus on the other hand gets overly excited when he sees other dogs, but sadly most owners wont let their doggies near Zeus  :( My poor dogs have no doggie friends, they just have each other.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 06:58:32 pm »
Zoey has some trouble making friends too - most of the dogs we meet are either afraid of her or too rough with her so she is afraid of them. But she does have some good friends in town that she plays with  :)
RIP former BPO

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 07:42:45 pm »
We see a lot of the same... Bava loves every dog or person he meets, and just wants to run up and play with them, but often times we see fear-agression from the other dogs, which is crazy because he wouldn't hurt a fly.  Every now and then we will meet another dog that is ok with his size and wants to interact.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 09:34:03 pm »
We see a lot of that too. Robin wants to be with the people. She will run and sniff the dogs but then goes straight to their owners to be pet. Brody is so high strung and doesn't really know how big she really is and gets a little rough so unless she finds a dog who likes to run and play chase then she plays by herself. Moose finds dogs his own size but they are normally older dogs who don't like his puppy play. He still doesn't realize that he has 20 lb paws, and that the dogs don't like to be smacked with them. LOL
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess