Author Topic: This is my giant problem....  (Read 27054 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: This is my giant problem....
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2005, 03:00:53 pm »
Marit, Very nice fence & driveway..Ty for sharing...hehe hehehehe...lol ! :D
I'm not making fun of you I am sharing in your amusement! ;)

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2005, 03:10:18 pm »
Oh man! I hope this all works out for the best, and there ar no puppies. Strange happening... I was reading this and feeling so strongly that I want to slap the owners of that dog for letting him out, un leashed and un fixed....that litters of puppies, like human babies should be wanted and loved and planned for. While reading this I hear a knock on my door...it's the little girl from next door handing me my cat Chicken who had apparently escaped when I let the dogs out. Problem is she is not fixed. I brought her to have it done when we first got her and the vet wouldn't do it then cause she's kinda messed up..."special" and he wanted to try a couple of meds and she how she did first. She is exactly the same, so he said he would do it but because of her health issues she might not deal with surgery well, and we're scared to take the risk because we love her so much. She's not in het now, so I'm sure she's not pregnant, but it scares me. She is 2 years old and the size of a 6 month old kitten, has a crooked neck so she's always looking at you sideways. She has a drippy eye and allergies so she sneezes a lot and I have to wipe her knows or she can't breath well. Oh, and she's inbred. She DEFINATLY should not have kittens, ever. But getting fixed could kill her....
weird that it happened while I was reading this post...

Vicki

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2005, 03:32:50 pm »
How funny is your cat!!??  I like how "special" she is ;)  I'm not a cat person, but if I had a quirky cat like that I think that would be cool. 

Marit, we actually had the neighbors springer spaniel push a board in the back fence loose and stick his head under to check out Leo!  Of course when Leo let out a rare "Whoof" we knew something was up and there was this dogs head sticking under the fence!  My big weenie dog got scared and ran into the house!  So, hubby went right out and nailed the board back down and all I could think about was Hera's mixed breed lover!  We are all being cursed I tell ya!!!!

nickerbokker

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2005, 03:40:54 pm »
all the "good" dog owners should be like me and lock their babies in their apartment day and night....

wait.......

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2005, 11:12:48 pm »
Ohhhh vicki she is just adorable  :D she has that cute tilt. I am sorry to hear about all her problems though. And with her, it may very well be for the best not to spay, just try to catch her when she is trying to sneak out (easier said than done though)

Well guys I am sorry for jinxing everyone hehe, both your cat vicki and Leos visitor.  ::)

And I sooo know what you mean nicker..... I was sooo mad that I had to wait a couple of days before I went to talk to them. Giving them the benefit of a doubt, they acted as if they were very very sorry for it happening, but they should have been responsible rather than having to be sorry after the fact. I dont think they realized just how bad it can be when Max is being the walking sperm machine. I told them about how Hera was way too young to have puppies, and how it could actually put her at risk, how it contributed to just making more mixed breed puppies that risk to end up in a shelter down the road. I gave them a good bit of my mind, and I have not seen the dog since, so hopefully they finally understood how severe it is.

I am staring sooo hard at Hera 100 times a day, so I start to think I see things that are not there, just because I look too hard. And I look at her, and all I can see is my baby, she is just a baby and should NOT have to take the cons. of an irresponsible dog owners actions.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

nickerbokker

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2005, 11:16:00 pm »
the good news is that i do not believe she is knocked up. 

the GREAT news is that if she is, im sure everyone on here will take a puppy and then you dont have to worry aobut your babies going to shelters down the road....AND YOULL GET PIX ALL THE TIME!

if i have a yard by then, i'll take one. 

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2005, 11:19:07 pm »
Marit, you have puppies coming out your ears!  If she is prego and then you have this puppy you found!  I think dogs are spreading the word on the street that that Swedish lady is taking everyone in!  Even Max figures if he can secure a place in the family he will be welcome over anytime.  Being the father of your granddogs and all.  Hee Hee!  You have such a big heart and I hope this all works out for the best.  Don't you wish they sold EPT for dogs, then you could just give her a pregnancy test and wait 3 minutes?  Do keep us posted!

Natalie

nickerbokker

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2005, 11:22:09 pm »
im so glad you two on are here tonight, i was having nat and marit withdrawls!  but im better now lol

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2005, 11:23:03 pm »
Thanks nicker.... and yep......  ;D I am soooo counting on having to work out a plan to get the puppies to you all  :P

But I hope you are right, that she is not pregnant, one min I think she is and the next I think she isnt. There are some signs that could mean she is and then other signs that I think should be there but isnt sooooo.... ohhh well I think I will go total crazy before this is over

Marit

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2005, 11:37:42 pm »
Marit you are now a Hero Member!  I wonder what comes after that?  You're like the chief around here now!

nickerbokker

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2005, 11:43:16 pm »
2 more posts, and you'll have jabear by the tail!  woo hoo

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2005, 11:51:09 pm »
Jabear is MIA ???  They must have went away for the weekend although I don't know how they could stay away from here for so long!  I wonder if she is having withdrawls?

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2005, 11:59:33 pm »
Hero member???  ;D I knew there was such a thing as full member. 2 posts...... Okay now I feel almost bad, note almost...... I spend like a ton of hours on here and I never get tired of reading all the threads. Hmmmm like chief though  ::) now just one problem, how to get hubby and kids to believe it lol......

We went to my in laws this eve, for a cookout and my mother in law has dobie puppies, I am a very very bad daughter in law, it is the first time I see the puppies and they are 5 weeks old. We are very very different though, she sees having dogs and breeding dogs in a totally different way than I do, and well it is just hard to get along. Anyone seen the movie "monster in law"???? I just have to see that one hehe

Marit

nickerbokker

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2005, 12:06:50 am »
did you pocket any of the pups?  please tell me you'll mail me one!

i haven't seen it.  didn't know there was such a thing.  or maybe, there isn't and its a joke and i look like a fool....LIKE A FOOL lol.  

« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 12:17:09 am by nickerbokker »

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2005, 12:12:20 am »
I hope we don't get banned :-[   If my dang dog would do something other than sleep I would talk about him.  Guess what he's doing right now?  You guessed it! 

I think you really broke the ice Nicker the other night with your public intoxication publication LOL!  It's nice that we can all be real with each other and not so sugar coated and fake.  We can be straight up with our peeps 8).

Marit, I too have MIL that makes me want to move to Mars!  When I told her I quit my job she asked me if I could call her friend and tell her there is an opening at my work!  Today she called me and asked me if I would drag all three of my kids to the store for her so she didn't have to get dressed and go herself!  I said no and felt damn good about it too.  I hope to shout she doesn't read this...

Nick, tell me what you want me to make you!