Author Topic: A heartbroken Rant...Bella's Brothers  (Read 2688 times)

cricket36580

A heartbroken Rant...Bella's Brothers
« on: March 28, 2006, 08:34:26 pm »
Ok...backgroun d.  There were 13 pups in Bella's litter.  I've "located" (or happened upon rather) most of her litter mates here locally.  Tonight I found another one...CHAINED ON THE BACK OF A FLATBED PICK UP.  Yes, chained. As in lives there.  He looks HORRIBLE.  All of her siblings that I have seen look kind of icky but this one was the worst.  He looked downright mangy.  His ears were cropped like a pit's.  He was scared to death - shaking and trembling.  And he almost ate my dd's face off! (she got a little close and he lunged at her.  She's fine)  It was absolutely horrid.  I just wanted to puke and cry.  All of her littermates are all very nervous dogs...anxious might be a better word for it.  It's one of the reasons we were so diligent about socializing Bella.  But I swear...None of them can hold a candle to Bella.  It's SAD. 

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: A heartbroken Rant...Bella's Brothers
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 09:17:07 pm »
Take a deep breath and have a glass of wine.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 09:59:33 pm »
The dog lives chained on the back of a flatbed??? >:(...Call your local Humane Society or police station...Iowa has,at best,inadequate animal care laws but they at least require "adequate shelter & food". :'(

cricket36580

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 06:17:15 am »
I would love to if I knew where the neanderthals lived.  I saw them in the parking lot of the y at soccer practice. 

All of that litter/breeding are difficult keepers but at least the majority of the owners try to keep weight on and feed them decent food.  I've only seen this one a one other that looked really bad...

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 08:54:34 am »
That really sucks.  I would definitely call animal control if you see them again.

Didn't you post a little bit ago that you wanted to breed Bella? 
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 10:19:17 am »
Oh that would make me so sad to see her littermate like that and mad at the people for not treating the poor pup right

doggylover

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 10:52:13 am »
Our Badger was one of 13 also.  All of his sibs are now dead, and his breeder is no longer reachable.  We got him neutered at 6 months (thank god).  Not a day goes by that I don't regret only getting him.  I wish we had gotten 4 of his sibs too (the four that were left when we got him). 
This is a sad sad thing.  The last post I read was about someone who had to put two of her doggys to sleep because they were old and sick.  I think I'm gonna go drink some alcohol. 
 :'(

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 11:46:41 am »
That is horrible that they are treating their dog like that.

How did you find out it was one of Bella's siblings?

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 12:42:47 pm »
Our Badger was one of 13 also.  All of his sibs are now dead, and his breeder is no longer reachable.  We got him neutered at 6 months (thank god).  Not a day goes by that I don't regret only getting him.  I wish we had gotten 4 of his sibs too (the four that were left when we got him). 
This is a sad sad thing.  The last post I read was about someone who had to put two of her doggys to sleep because they were old and sick.  I think I'm gonna go drink some alcohol.

:'(

That is why we went back for Daisy. The owner of their mother had no regard for the pups and would have given them to anyone. I knew at least two of them would have a good life.
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

cricket36580

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 06:08:31 pm »
Yeah...I'm still thinking about breeding her for several reasons.  I may not be able to let any of the pups go to other homes but....  We'll see.  I have loads of time to decide that.

I know it was her littermate because of where he came from.  It's kind of funny too cause what makes me look, aside from it being a dane, is the markings.  All of her litter are marked almost identically.  That's when I start asking questions about where they came from, etc.  I've seen about 9 of the litter so far. 

It's such a relief to come here and converse with others that LOVE their dogs.  And SUCH a contrast to people like that.  But it's good to "see" such people because that way it keeps you sort of grounded....  You know, educating the public, etc.  It also reaffirms my desire to work in rescue.