Author Topic: Tater The Guard Dog  (Read 2698 times)

rickysmom1

Tater The Guard Dog
« on: March 28, 2006, 08:12:52 pm »
I just wanted to share something that happened early this morning. I heard Tater barking (for what seemed to be no apparent reason)in the wee hours of the morning. I got up to calm him down and noticed my dad was up (Tater woke him up as well). Apparently when my dad got up he heard someone in our kitchen. My mom and my son were both asleep (they sleep like logs). When I checked the kitchen no one was there, but the door to the garage was open and the door that goes out to our backyard from the garage was also open. I truly think Tater was barking to warn us all of an intruder and if he had to he would have attacked whoever it was. I gave Tater alot of extra love AND treats and tonight he's going to get a nice sized hunk of the lamb we're having for dinner.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Tater The Guard Dog
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 08:37:54 pm »
That sounds like a possible scary close call :o

I'm glad Tater was there to protect you :)
RIP former BPO

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 08:18:49 am »
GO TATER!!  You big, bad guard pupper! That has to make you feel safer having him around.   :)
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 08:22:14 am »
Don't you love it when our babies earn their kibbles and bits?
Three cheers for Tater, he's no spud!
Stella

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 09:12:26 am »
What a good boy....make sure he gets extra loves.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

rickysmom1

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 12:59:30 pm »
Thanks everyone !!!  I definitely feel safer knowing that Tater, unlike the basset's we used to have, is always on alert. I shudder to think what would have happened if we didn't have Tater in the house. I do feel violated though. My neighborhood is very quiet and in all the years I've lived here we've never had anyone robbed. We did have someone's car stolen, but they left the keys to there car in the ignition with the door unlocked. It worries me that the troubles that are cropping up where I work (15 mins from where I live)are starting to spread to my neighborhood. I swear the world is going crazy.  :(

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 01:41:50 pm »
Good boy Tater!!! Extra treats for sure.

We had people steal empty cases of beer bottles by the back door at our old house and Shaste ( rotti) was sound alseep on the deck and never woke up ::) ::)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 09:53:11 pm »
Way to go Tater you bada** you!!! ;D Last week my cousin tried to walk into the house (we leave the back door unlocked) to leave me something & evidently my little Pippin would not let him in!...Pippin offered to take off his face. :D Doesn't it just make you sleep better at night? :D

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 10:09:48 pm »
Way to go Tater!! We were at dog park tonight and a dog owner moved quickly towards me and my daughter (he was just avoiding getting ran over by two dogs zooming by) but because he made that quick move towards me Brody got mad and got between me and him and started barking and growling at him. She has also tried to go through our dining room window because someone was walking past our house and stopped. I'm glad to know I have her around.
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

doggylover

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 12:49:10 am »
I am laughing so hard right now.  I am sorry but it is really hard to take tater seriously when you look at that freakin adorable picture of him on your avatar...and for another thing, when I read his name, I automatically finish his name with 'tot', which doesn't inspire fear and trepidation.  I think he might actually be capable of 'cuting' someone to death, or maybe he has a very huge bark. 
As a side note, Badger is a big rotty and one day I came home from work early and rattled the window in the living room (where he hangs out)to see what he would do.  I was worried that something had happened to him when I didn't hear a single peep.  I let myself in, and there he was, wedged behind the sofa...hiding. 
Maybe Tater should come to our house and teach our doggy a lesson or to on attitude!
 :D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 12:53:08 am »
I think he might actually be capable of 'cuting' someone to death
I just spit pop out my nose..Ty very much...ROTFLMF AO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D