Author Topic: rottweiler puppy help  (Read 2807 times)

Offline abbysmom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
rottweiler puppy help
« on: March 29, 2006, 08:32:17 pm »
I have a 3 month old rott who has just developed a small amount of white hairs around her eyes is this normal and while it ever go away?

doggylover

Re: rottweiler puppy help
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 11:54:40 pm »
If you mean 'grey hair', oddly, my rotty got a little patch of grey about an inch above his eye when he was a puppy too.  I think of it as a kiss target. :-* :-* :-*

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 12:05:01 am »
Pippin developed a patch of white as a pup also...It gets worse as he gets older...I don't know what to think? :-\ :-\ :D :D :D

doggylover

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 12:34:52 am »
I think Badger earned his grey spot the good old fashioned way...stress.  I tormented him constantly when he was a puppy. 

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 07:32:43 am »
Pippin developed a patch of white as a pup also...It gets worse as he gets older...I don't know what to think? :-\ :-\ :D :D :D

Yeah... Pippin started off looking like this...  8)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 07:36:06 am »

Yeah... Pippin started off looking like this...  8)
It's just frightening what has happened to him isn't it? :D

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 07:44:11 am »
Okay, being serious for a moment. It seems quite common for rotties to have a few stray white hairs here and there. They may stay or they may go as she gets older. The only thing to watch out for is the appearance of large white patches as rarely, some rotties can suffer from Vitiligo in their head area.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 07:46:37 am »
Okay, being serious for a moment. It seems quite common for rotties to have a few stray white hairs here and there. They may stay or they may go as she gets older. The only thing to watch out for is the appearance of large white patches as rarely, some rotties can suffer from Vitiligo in their head area.
Yes, I'm sorry I kind of hijacked abbysmom's thread but I couldn't resist! ;D abby's mom do you have any pics of your puppy to post?...WE love pics here!!...& a BIG welcome to BPO!!!! :)

GR8DAME

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 08:42:30 am »
All of my dobies have had a few stray white hairs somewhere on their bodies from birth. I think most dogs do, you just notice it more on a black dog.
Stella

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 08:43:19 am »
I wouldn't worry at all.  Lady and Grace both have white patches on their chests.  It's a coloration mishap is all.