Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Karina

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Introducing myself
« on: March 30, 2006, 01:05:01 pm »
Ok, I may have popped up and introduced myself last year briefly but I can't remember. 

My name is Karina and my family and I live in Brasil in a small farming town.  I have 2 girls (2 and 4) and have had a bad case of doggie-lust since last summer.  We are waiting till my younger daughter potty-trains to get our first family dog and I've been researching up a storm.

We've got it narrowed down to mastiff, great dane or newfoundland (I do have reservations about them in this heat despite hearing from a number of very respectable folks that they adapt just fine).  I figure that I'll make the call based on the breeder that I feel most comfortable with. 

We've been to one dog show and may be going to another one (with specialties for great danes and mastiffs!) in a couple of weeks.  I'm still working out the bribery for my husband for that one!   ;)

The most popular dogs around in this area seem to be Kuvasz, Pit Bulls, Australian Cattle Dogs, border collies and of course the Brasilian street dog (mutt).  It's a pretty rustic area.   ;)  Fila breeder up the road too. 

Ok, just popping in to say hi and I've been enjoying learning from this site.   

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 01:58:52 pm »
Well, hello and welcome.  Brazil sounds like an interesting place to live.

My name is Chris, and I am owned by Keiko, a husky/shep mix, Gunther, a great dane, and Posey and Diego/Nigel, two rat terrier pups.

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 03:24:04 pm »
Welcome (back?) to BPO!!!  Can't wait to see yuor pup when you get one.  I agree with the newfie/heat thing.  I would own one myself if I was convinced they could take the temps but it gets 110-115 every summer here and sometimes up to 120 with the lows being in the 90s so I just don't see them having fun living here.   :-\
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead