Author Topic: why do dogs freak out at the doctors office?  (Read 8960 times)

nickerbokker

why do dogs freak out at the doctors office?
« on: May 28, 2005, 07:09:41 pm »
okay.....so i haven't been to a doctor in over 4 years.  BUT, whenever i take the kids, they get all tense and freak out and are panting and killing themselves and i feel terrible, and at the same time am like jesus calm down!  whats the big deal right!

so, today, i had to go to a clinic (thats right, a filthy clinic cuz i have no med insurance LOL).....and in the waiting room i started to feel my heart beating faster.  well, then they called my name and i could hardly breathe, and THEN, when i went in the back, and i saw the needle, my eyes started to fill with tears!  as soon as that needle touched my skin, i lost it LOL......

so now, i know how my babies feel when the doctors are poking and proding around!  and the poor dogs don't even know why we do it to them, so they are totally in the dark!  at least i knew why i had to get a shot!

poor poor puppies!

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: why do dogs freak out at the doctors office?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 09:30:56 pm »
I feel ya' Nicker...I don't like going to the dr. either...Samso n on the other hand can't hardly wait to get into the vets office...I can hardly get his leash clipped on because he is trying to jump out of the van...What's worse is this behaivior got much worse AFTER he was nuetered...Wha t the h*ll is wrong with my dog??????????????

nickerbokker

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 09:32:54 pm »
CODY'S DID TOO.....

THE DAMN DOG DIDN'T HUMP ANYTHING UNTIL I CUT OFF HIS NUTS, NOW I CAN'T GET HIM OFF HIS BEAR!

AND.....HIS OVERALL PERSONALITY HAS BECOME MUCH WORSE.....HE IS VERY MUCH A "LETS DO WHATEVER I LEARNED NOT TO DO IN SCHOOL" BOY NOW......

lol, seriously, not happy with that situation.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 09:46:02 pm »
No, I meant Samson's over eagerness to get into the vet got worse after the big snip...What is he some kind of masochist?...Samson never did the humpy thing which is too bad because I wanted to tell people, "if I were you I'd just let him finish"!...lol!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 09:49:21 pm »
I have to remember that one Gypsy!  For my next dog of course bc this one has narcolepsy!

nickerbokker

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 09:50:47 pm »
cody was fine at the vets until he got the big knife......and he was good in the airport until they lost him on christmas day.....he's not too fond of that place now....so it looks like i need a huge vehicle so every holiday when i want to go home, i can just drive us all, h*ll, its cheaper than flying myself and 2 dogs for darned sake!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 10:10:58 pm »
Hubby took Leo to the vet last and took the Peanut (my youngest girl) with him and all I heard the rest of the day was how they took his temp!  She has been taking her dolly's temp with a pen ever since!  He doesn't mind going to the vet because he gets to see other dogs.  He gets his feelings hurt when they growl at him though.

nickerbokker

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2005, 10:13:20 pm »
well then angus would make him cry and put him in a deep depression, cuz all the little bastard does is growl and bark and anything he sees....dead, alive, a pencil.  anything.  devil

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2005, 10:29:23 pm »
Can Cody say "Roll that beautiful bean footage"?

nickerbokker

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2005, 10:31:44 pm »
lol, oh now im lost.  oh, and now i feel bad about myself.  look what you did

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2005, 10:52:10 pm »
The Bushes baked beans commercial!  The talking Golden ???  I think his name is Duke.  Cody has the same face as him and I was noticing it in his handsome pic!  He puts up with so much...

nickerbokker

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2005, 10:53:56 pm »
o LOL...

if i get drunk enough, he'll talk to me.  hes actually a big talker...the dog growls ALL the time LOL

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2005, 10:58:21 pm »
He waits around until he thinks your drunk and spill his guts!  I'm positive that Leo has an accent.  Our guinea pig Lucy has a lisp too.  It's so cute!  When I feed her she says "Thanths tho muth!  We have boy pig too and he has a Cuban accent...  "I am Puss.... In Boots!"

nickerbokker

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2005, 11:02:07 pm »
LMAO...sure you aren't drunk?

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2005, 07:36:49 am »
No, I thought it was very amusing too!...I want to see a pic of that!