Author Topic: Am I being paranoid?  (Read 7329 times)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Am I being paranoid?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 10:35:54 am »
Shawna,
I am glad it was nothing…still scary though I am sure.
Just curious…I noticed you mentioned you “went home to walk Sadie” and am wondering if you too are a “working Newf Mom?” LOL

I am and although I get to come home and spend an hour with her during lunches…I am OVERWHELMED with guilt!  :(
I am feeling most guilty about keeping her crated during this time...especia lly with all of the "growth spurt" talk. 

Yes I am a single working Newfie Mommy ;) I work about 10 minutes from home so I get to leave her as late in the morning as possible come home for an hour and I'm home shortly after 5. She has it pretty good. I felt more guilty about it when she first came home, now it's just routine. She accepts it and Sadie really likes being in her crate now. It took me awhile to stop feeling guilty about it though, now it's just our schedule. You'll get used to it ;)
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline Beth

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Kuma
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 01:33:05 pm »
Thats just about my schedule also.  She is with my daughter and I from 5:30 until about 7:30 or 8:00.  I to live only about five minutes from work and go home for lunch at abuot 11:45 or 12:00 until 1:00 or 1:30, and then my daughter gets home around 3:30.  When we get home we have her with us until we all go to bed around 10:00.  (Even tonight she is going to a game with us because I feel so guilty!  ;D  )

It does seem easuier than leaving her that first week.  OH LORD...that was hard.  Perhaps we too just need to get into a routine and soon it will feel normal. 

I WAS embarressed to say that I had even looked into taking her to a doggie daycare once per week.  That was until I went by at lunch to pick up some dog food...there were about 10 dogs out in this massive play-yard with two girls who were throwing ball with them.  They were having a BALL. I saw everything from a Great Dane and St. to some sort of small mixed breed.  They were getting along wonderfully and having so much fun.

I decided then and there I would look into this year.  ( No matter what fit my husband pitches   :P  )
Beth &
Kuma (Newfoundland)

" Don't accept your dog's admiration
as conclusive evidense that you are wonderful."
-Ann landers

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2006, 02:05:19 pm »
Yeah, you'll definitely get used to it, as will she the longer she's with you. I'd do doggy daycare for Sadie but there's nowhere around me that does it. At least not that I've found. She has her kitties with her and that seems to keep her happy. I felt terrible leaving her in the beginning, mostly because she would freak out so badly when I'd come home.
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge