Author Topic: This one win's the award for the Best reason to give your family pet away!!!!!!!  (Read 8268 times)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
 >:( Well it's there under FREE not the pet listing the FFFFRRRRRREEEE EEEEEEEEEEE listing.[/color]
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Gypsy Jazmine

Oh MY goodness i wish i could say it was! I agree with you all the way only it made me ill to think a small child would have the power to get rid of that beautiful pup! marina
I felt compelled to send Mr. Princess's stepdaddy an e-mail as follows:

This is an April fools day joke right?...lol...It must be because I can't imagine letting a 3 yr. old run my house like that...If it's not a joke...Good luck with "Princess" in the years to come...Forget the fund for higher education...St art saving for psychotherapy now.

Was this too harsh?...Like I care in this instance. :(

Princess's stepdaddy e-mailed me back & said "thank you for the unsolicited advise"...I had to take the high road & e-mailed him back telling him his ad broke my heart & apologized for being so harsh...I told him I have a 7 yr. old Princess who was terrified of dogs at age 3 & told him if that was the case there I could help him get Princess used to dogs...I hope he replies.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 12:00:49 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
 :o   Oh they have found a trial home for flint i offered to come and pick him up for fostering i have 3 already ! But was willing to take flint until i could find him a forever home. Eriick informed me that i should e mail him in a week to see if the trial home worked out . I pray it does the poor pup has been living in the basement. I think yoour comments were perfect and they will still let a 3 year old rule there worlds.  marina  >:(
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats

EllieAndBlu

I would be more inclined to get rid of the Princess.... it sounds like Flint is way better behaved and I am sure a LOT sweeter!  :)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Princess's stepdaddy e-mailed me back & said "thank you for the unsolicited advise"...I had to take the high road & e-mailed him back telling him his ad broke my heart & apologized for being so harsh...I told him I had a 7 yr. old Princess who was terrified of dogs at age 3 & told him if that was the case there I could help him get Princess used to dogs...I hope he replies.

Here's the thing....Gyps, I think you were right!  and I think you handled it perfectly!  Assume it has to be a bad joke, because NO responsible parent would let their kid get away with that, right?  Maybe we've all been too lenient with the rest of the world.  If people treated their kids like we do our big paws, the kids would be well mannered in public, sweet and loving at home, quiet at night, and rough house only in the appropriate venues.  And if they weren't all the things a Big Paw is, we'd put THEM on craigslist!!

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
At my house, with behaviour like that, its the kids in their rooms, not the pets. 

That poor kid!!  She's gonna have a real eye-opener someday when she discovers that the rest of the world won't cater to her every whim.  Thats life honey, deal with it!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
So, does the Husband own the Weim or the Wife?  If it was the WIFE -- I'd say, leave that man and his princess and live happily ever after with MAN's BEST FRIEND!

On the other hand, if it's the Husband -- I hope he doesn't stay a wuss forever.  How boring.

The princess reminds me of a former Significant Other I had a few years ago.  Some people (like my ex) had never grown up themselves!  Can't expect them to give a good example.  Hence, a generation of bratty kids.

Someday the princess will own a chihuahua that snaps at everybody who tries to get close to her.  And she'll think it's cute!
Sarah

Gypsy Jazmine

Oh MY goodness i wish i could say it was! I agree with you all the way only it made me ill to think a small child would have the power to get rid of that beautiful pup! marina
I felt compelled to send Mr. Princess's stepdaddy an e-mail as follows:

This is an April fools day joke right?...lol...It must be because I can't imagine letting a 3 yr. old run my house like that...If it's not a joke...Good luck with "Princess" in the years to come...Forget the fund for higher education...St art saving for psychotherapy now.

Was this too harsh?...Like I care in this instance. :(

Princess's stepdaddy e-mailed me back & said "thank you for the unsolicited advise"...I had to take the high road & e-mailed him back telling him his ad broke my heart & apologized for being so harsh...I told him I have a 7 yr. old Princess who was terrified of dogs at age 3 & told him if that was the case there I could help him get Princess used to dogs...I hope he replies.
he replied saying that"Princess" was "fine with dogs as long as she could pick them up & boss them around"...I tried to give him some tools to work with to make Princees think the spending time with the dog was the best thing since candy!...I didn't hear back. :'( :(

Offline CujoandShamus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Did you tell him to try a leash and the squirt bottle when she screams.  :'(

Offline Bosmum

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
I'm gonna psychoanalyze this one  ;)

As a stepparent, he's FRUSTRATED because his woman's BRAT  can't handle the dog.  Since he wants to keep the woman, he has to find the dog a new home.  Can't find the kid a new home, right??

It's an awful situation and he's probably using a lot of sarcasm to get through what must be torturous for him.

Me, I'd get rid of the broad and keep the pup  ;D

signed,
a knowing stepparent....

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
 ;D  You have it backwards it's his princess and the step mothers dog. That's why princess must be able to control the whole thing. The step mother has no say she had to give her 4 year old dog away becasce princess said so! marina
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Both "princess" and her daddy would be out the door before I'd give up a dog....I would not tolerate that from a child but then again I'd probably get after the kid for it before it became a problem.  The princess needs to come of her pedestal soon before reality does it for her.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties