Author Topic: This one win's the award for the Best reason to give your family pet away!!!!!!!  (Read 8225 times)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
This was posted on the craigslist in Buffalo NY and it takes the award for the best reason to give your family pet away!

4YO Neutered Male Weimaraner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-145961907@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-03-28, 11:00AM EST

I have a 4-year-old male Weimaraner. He's in excellent health, is well trained (including house trained and general commands like sit, down, pick it up, leave it, etc.). He's neutered.

I'm looking to find a better home for him because my 3YO step-daughter is an absolute princess. She screams non-stop whenever Flint is "out" (of the basement). She can't stand doggy breath, etc. Flint treats her well, she just can't stand associating with someone below "princess" level. :-P So when she's home, Flint is in the basement, and that's not much of a life for a dog. I'd like him to have a better home.

You can view some pictures here:
http://iacas.org/asm/flint/1.jpg (through 17.jpg)

He comes with three months (approx.) of Heart Guard and Frontline. He comes with a bed, a leash, food, a food bin, some toys, collars, etc. I'm only looking for a better home, not someone new to pet ownership. He's free, but please, serious inquiries only.

I'm in Erie, PA but I'm willing to drive to drop him off.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 11:54:09 pm by marinafb »
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Gypsy Jazmine

What is scary is that "Princess" & her peers will run this country oneday...Aren't "Princess's parents doing her a HUGE favor by letting her know how much more important she is than all of God's other creatures? >:(...I'd like to spank the kid & beat the crap out of the parents...That was an April fools joke...right? :-\ :'(
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 12:12:05 am by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Oh MY goodness i wish i could say it was! I agree with you all the way only it made me ill to think a small child would have the power to get rid of that beautiful pup! marina
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats

Gypsy Jazmine

Oh MY goodness i wish i could say it was! I agree with you all the way only it made me ill to think a small child would have the power to get rid of that beautiful pup! marina
I felt compelled to send Mr. Princess's stepdaddy an e-mail as follows:

This is an April fools day joke right?...lol...It must be because I can't imagine letting a 3 yr. old run my house like that...If it's not a joke...Good luck with "Princess" in the years to come...Forget the fund for higher education...St art saving for psychotherapy now.

Was this too harsh?...Like I care in this instance. :(
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 01:17:46 am by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
I can't wait till 'Princess' gets a little older and starts threatening to report her parents for child abuse if she doesn't get what she wants and gets it RIGHT NOW! I'd be advertising her instead of the dog. 'Princess' probably wants a dog that looks like a wig on crack like Britney Spears has.

It really annoys me that people will go on about how wonderful their dogs are and how they love them, but they want to get shut of them. I often put dogs on the SPCGB website for rehoming and get some two pages of A4 florid saga about the dog. It makes me sick to my stomach to be honest and I have to bite my lip rather than e-mail them back and tell them what I really think.

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
I would tell the princess to go to her room if she could not get along with the dog. Good Grief, someone needs to take control before the princess becomes a dictator. >:(
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

cricket36580

Can anyone say "duct tape"?????

Gypsy Jazmine

Can anyone say "duct tape"?????
I know!!!...I am actually perplexed at times as to why I am allowed to crate my dogs but not my kids :D...lol!...Princess needs a whole lot of duct tape & soem serious talkings to about caring.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
I have a roll ;)
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

cricket36580

Well, you know that if you wrap it around them sticky side out, it doesn't leave marks and you have the added benefit of sticking them to the wall!!!!     ;D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 07:40:01 am by cricket36580 »

Offline roxygirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
I sure hope that this was a joke. Poor dog, deserves better if you ask me.
Hmmm, duct tape inside out, now that is new to me..LOL
Kim
Kim
Great Lakes Mastiff Rescue,Inc.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Poor puppy! If that is for real the he does need a better home asap!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

GR8DAME

"Princess" needs a major attitude adjustment, and that poor puppers needs to find a family that actually has a brain, and uses it.
Stella

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
 :o  Yes this is a true post they only live about 5o miles from me. I wish i had a home for that dog i would go and get it today.!
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
The brat NEEDS duct taping- its only abuse when you rip it back off, so avoid that, leave it on her!  If it came down to that situation in MY house, I would get rid of the kid and keep my dogs!

Weedsport, NY