Author Topic: 3 AM, front door wide open, dogs going nuts...thank god for dogs  (Read 5472 times)

Offline mtaig12

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: 3 AM, front door wide open, dogs going nuts...thank god for dogs
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2006, 07:56:09 pm »
Max (chow mix) was home alone when someone tried to break in a number of years ago. There were probably two guys, one tried to come in through the window while the other one broke through the screen on the front wrought iron door. Max bit clean THROUGH the metal venetian blinds on the window, then threw himself against the wrought iron door. Needless to say, the guys didn't get in, and luckily for them, Max didn't get out or he would have done some damage to them.

Love those protective dogs!

Tracy
Tracy and Mike - parents
Alex and Ian - kids
Max and Star - canines
Oscar and Emily - felines
Nibbles - hamster
North Carolina

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: 3 AM, front door wide open, dogs going nuts...thank god for dogs
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2006, 10:23:11 pm »
Great job guys!!  Mom must be so proud of you.

Gunther isn't much of a guard dog b/c he barks at pretty much anything.  Keiko, on the other hand, only barks when she needs to.........so if she does, I know there's a reason.

And she proved (is that a word?) herself to me years ago when she was only about 1 1/2 yrs old.  I had gone out with a friend.  She had no pockets, so I had her house keys and drivers license.  I left before she did, and I forgot I had them until I got home.  She lived with her parents still and it was too late to call, so I just set them on the counter and went to bed.

Don't know what time it was, but I woke up to someone saying my name.  At which point Keiko jumped off the bed and started growling, while making her way towards the bedroom doorway.  I turned on my light and it was my friend wanting to get her stuff(she had keys to my apartment b/c she sometimes walked Keiko for me).  At which point Keiko immediately went into friendly greeting mode.

It definitely scared me when she started growling, b/c it was the first time I had ever heard her do that.  And she has a very deep growl for a more petite dog.  But it did answer my question as to whether she had it in her.  I had questioned it b/c she is just so darn friendly with everyone.  I questioned her no more.