Author Topic: PICS OF "WE FOUND A DOG"  (Read 11581 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: PICS OF "WE FOUND A DOG"
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 01:49:06 pm »
Yes she does look a lot like Sasha Mama. A lot of you think she is a lab mix, or a show mix. I have to say, that I dont actually see the lab in her, her face has more of a flat coated ret. look, the profile especially, at least to me  :D I was thinking about chow myself, but I dont know, not really knowing what to put my finger on, I dont think so, but for all I know I could be dead wrong and she be a lab/chow mix lol......

She may have a lot more coat duing the colder months, she yet have her "baby coat" though, the real wooly and soft kind. But my first thought was flat, then flat mix, and when I looked more especially the legs and feet and the "collar of fur" around her neck, I started to think Newf. but thought she was too long and pointy in the nose.

Ohhhh and jjfritsche, the chows I tend to agree with you, when I was grooming, I has a lot of chows come in and even though there are adorable ones, a lot of them are a  little grouchy  ::) But we have a lot of real long haired dogs here, me myself have a siberian husky, and as long as you make sure they have a nice and cool airconditioned house to be in when it is too warm , they are really fine with the weather. I guess it is the same with newf. and a lot of double and long haired breeds. Whats really bad is when they are left out in the yard and dont have a way of getting away from the heat. And unfortunatelly that is not too uncommon around here.

I have had 3 calls, just from the flyers we put up (the ad in the papers wont come until tomorrow) but its not been her mommy or daddy. I feel sooo bad for the people that call though, you can tell how much they wanted it to be their dog. One woman called and had lost her black chih. male, well she thought that someone had actually took him, that was over 3 months ago, and she is still hoping to find him. Man..... I so wiched that it had been her dog, she was crying on the phone and almost made me cry too.

Jen..... when I compare her to your pic, there is soooo much that look the same, still think the nose on yours is a bit shorter though, but I guess they can look different just as any other breed.

Puppydoggy says hi to you all, and gives you big hugs and slobbers for thinking of her

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline 4everblu

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lord help me be the person my dog thinks I am.
    • View Profile
    • The Spotted Dog
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005, 02:23:23 pm »
Awww isn't she cute!!!
My guess would be Chow cross with Belgian Groenendael (The pointy nose, and fluffy coat) My Gronendael looked almost like this as a pup.

This photo is not my dog but one I found on the web.

http://www.isengardbelgians.com/Black%20Boy%207%20wks%204.jpg
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 02:49:22 pm by 4everblu »
Please Visit "The Spotted Dog" for  Personalized Doggie signatures and graphics.  http://forums.delphiforums.com/ourdogs/start

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 11:06:40 am »
She is a cutie isnt she....... We never did find her parents, or maybe I should say they didnt want to be found. I put up posters, called all the shelters, bunches of vets, had several ads in several papers, so if someone actually was looking for her, they would have found her, no doubt. I dont know if you read the "puppydoggy has gone home" (or something like that lol..) thread.

We found a wonderful family for her, and her name is now Trixie, the vet thinks she is a mix of some kind of retr. and chow so kinda what most people here thought. But even he said it can be very hard to determin what breed, there can be so many breeds in a dog like that. But nevertheless she is a cutie.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog