Author Topic: Rough night  (Read 4018 times)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Rough night
« on: April 05, 2006, 07:40:13 am »
 Mom's having a tough week this week. A friend of mine asked me to fill in one of the lead roles in his show this weekend. He asked me on Saturday, the show goes up tomorrow. So yesterday, I packed Sadie and her playpen and some toys to keep her busy in the car and we went to rehearsal. She was very well behaved and everyone loved her. Take her home and we do our evening walk. I'm still feeling really sick so it was shorter than usual and MAN did she cop an attitude. Well when it was time to go to bed, she decided she didn't want to go and she pitched such a fit. When I finally got her to go in her crate, I slipped and stubbed my toe on the side of the stupid thing, HEARD the bone snap and started swearing my head off. At this point Sadie is going ballistic in her crate because I'm screaming and swearing. I realize that there's no point in going to the ER for a broken toe, as I've broken enough doing theatre to know they can't do much for you. I didn't have any medical tape in the house so I tape the stupid thing up with Scotch tape and try to get some sleep.

Woke up this morning and my toe and part of my foot was BLACK. And when I step on it, shooting pains up my calf. Awesome. It was super fun walking Sadie this morning. And the show that I'm filling in for someone for is opening tomorrow. Watching me try to dance should be interesting. I hate today. And yesterday too. And I might just hate tomorrow, haven't decided yet.

Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Rough night
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 07:49:08 am »
Owwww as for the dancing, pain killers?
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 07:49:51 am »
Hi,

Ugggh poor you, I do not envy your situation!! All I know is you will make it through!! Sadie will calm down once she realizes that Mom is hurting. And as they say in theater "break a toe" oops you aren't supposed to take that literally!!

« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 07:50:30 am by Winslow 151 »
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 07:53:21 am »
Hi,

Ugggh poor you, I do not envy your situation!! All I know is you will make it through!! Sadie will calm down once she realizes that Mom is hurting. And as they say in theater "break a toe" oops you aren't supposed to take that literally!!

How did I know someone was going to do the "Break a Leg/Toe" line? Thanks a lot buddy!!! Sadie did realize Mom was hurting which made her psychotic because she was in her crate and couldn't get to me. Ugh! This suuuuuuuuuuckk ks!
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 11:09:44 am »
Oh wow.  I'm so sorry.  How are you possibly going to do that show?

Good luck.

Tina

I'm gonna take a big dose of "suck it up" and just do it. I think if I tape it up really good and take some Advil or something it might not be too bad. I've had to dance on broken toes before and it's ok after the first few minutes. Of course then I'd have to touch it and that will not be fun. It's amazing how much one stupid little toe can hurt.

I'm blaming Sadie. It's not really her fault, but it's much easier than admitting that I'm a total clutz. I have no problem throwing her under the bus on this one ;D
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 06:14:51 pm »
I'm sorry Shawna, that sucks  :(

The saying is break a leg, not break a toe silly  ;)
RIP former BPO

Offline roxygirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 06:29:57 pm »
OUCH :o
I hope it is feeling better in thime for the show!
Kim
Kim
Great Lakes Mastiff Rescue,Inc.

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 09:10:43 pm »
Thanks guys. I just had dress rehearsal and made it about a billion times worse. It is now a funny combination of black and bright red, it's gross. My dad was like "You're a DANCER, you're supposed to be GRACEFUL!!!" The best part of this whole thing is that I forgot to get surgical tape before rehearsal and so I had to use duct tape. I put a paper towel between the tape and my skin, but it still looked really stupid. I need it to be Sunday like now so I can put my feet up and rest.  :-\
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 09:23:49 pm »
Shawna your foot sounds really knarly. Hey make sure Sadie doesn't see it, it may just scare her. I want to say break a leg in reference to tommorrow, however you seam to be taking things literally this week so maybe I should go against etiquette and wish you good luck!  Tim

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2006, 09:10:07 am »
Ouch ouch ouch....how many shows this weekend? You're a trouper lady! I'm sore sitting here reading this!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 11:22:14 pm »
Ouch ouch ouch....how many shows this weekend? You're a trouper lady! I'm sore sitting here reading this!

3 down, one to go. So far I've made it through ok, with the help of surgical tape, cold medicine and lots of Advil. Although I had to have a root canal this morning after accidentally biting a cough drop and breaking my tooth during last night's show. That was fun. That'll teach me to ask if it can possibly get worse. The good news was that the root canal came with a prescription for painkillers so I didn't feel the tooth or the foot tonight. Never in 23 years of doing theatre have I had such bad luck during a show. It's really nuts. But it will all be over tomorrow and I can sack out on the couch with Miss Sadie and my kitties and nurse my various maladies.

Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf