Author Topic: 2 Landseers in GA  (Read 6544 times)

Offline jessicanparker

• Ankle Biter
  • Skuy & Ivy - the first meeting!
    • View Profile
2 Landseers in GA
« on: April 05, 2006, 07:59:30 pm »
I just found this on Craigslist and I would totally take them in if I could! I really want a newf but hubby says we don't have room. Please someone help these babies....I will do what I can to help, too! They are being given away! Here's the post....

2 Land Seer Dogs (2 Years Old)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-148602473@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-04-05, 9:47PM EDT

2 Beautiful, papered male Land Seer dogs (New Foundland). Both weigh close to 150 lbs. each. Very sweet, but extra large (don't know their own strength/size). Kept outside so would need a lot of attention/training if kept indoors. Bought from breeder for my kids but now they are too large for us. Happy to part for free to the right person (that knows these dogs/or who is patient and has the room for them)

Serious Inquiries only, please. My kids are having a hard time knowing that we have to part with Gulliver and Goliath

this is in or around Davisboro, GA

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
----

C'mon people, these boys need lovin'!

Jessica

Kiahpyr

Re: 2 Landseers in GA
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 08:05:48 pm »
Those poor newfs! It just makes me mad. Didn't they know they were going to get that big!? Hello people! They totally suck!

Offline jessicanparker

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 08:09:39 pm »
I know! It makes me furious. Do your homework! I really hope someone takes them and takes care of them. I am willing to help any way I can!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 09:22:34 pm »
 >:( "happy to part"  >:( >:( >:(
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 09:55:46 pm »
>:( "happy to part"  >:( >:( >:(
GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!...Happy to part?????...What the h*ll is that??????????????????? >:( >:( :'(

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 09:57:18 pm »
Shoot I will call that woman tomorrow and I will go get those dogs you watch me

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 10:03:16 pm »

Your heart is so big but I feel I must caution you in putting your heart over your head & in saying that I then need to say.... GO GET 'EM BEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D :-*

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 10:04:58 pm »

Your heart is so big but I feel I must caution you in putting your heart over your head & in saying that I then need to say.... GO GET 'EM BEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D :-*

Hehee... the first step is getting them out of that house... then I will figure out what to do with them... right? ;)

(edited for spelling)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 10:05:29 pm by doghealer »

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 10:11:08 pm »
Actually I just searched Craigslist for the ad and I can't find it... so maybe some sane person already came along and claimed them...?

I am sure they will be much more appreciated in a new home!!!

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 05:51:33 am »
Oh pleaaase keep us updated on this situation!  Landseers are such awesome dogs - says she who is totally in love with her own huge honking landseer guy.  Big, but when properly trained, seem to take up no room at all in a home - just lots of room in your heart!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 06:15:41 am »
Ok, I actually wrote to them and someone wrote me back- the grown son of the man who posted the ad. Son told me that dad and new wife/kids are rehoming the dogs but want to keep them together and in GA, so that they can visit from time to time. Amazing, the kids are so attached to the dogs but the parents are letting them go anyways. Hard to believe, and very very sad. :'(

Most of my family lives in GA, and I plan on moving back there this year... when I originally posted on this thread I was so angry I just wanted to go down there and "save those dogs"... and now here I am actually thinking to myself... "oh how fun to add a couple newfies to the gang..."  :o Will would kill me! I always wanted a landseer, secretly! :D

It seems to be a delicate situation. :-[ Poor puppers have to be separated from their family. :'( I hate when things like this happen!!!!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 06:47:38 am »
I know I keep thinking two newfs, maybe I can  ;D ;) Is it a girl and boy, two girls, two boys? It is a good sign that they want them to stay close, but how could they give them away if the kids love them? ??? If they have lived outside all the time in Georgia just think how happy they would be to live inside with a family.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline jessicanparker

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 07:29:22 am »
I think they are a pair of boy pups. I live just over 100 miles from where the family is (I mapped it out last night)and I wish I could take them. Newfs are so awesome! I, too, feel bad for the kids in the family. All it takes is some time, love, and attention and those pups will be super wonderful (not that they aren't already!)!

I need a bigger house...and a hubby that will say yes to newfies!! ;D

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 07:32:52 am »
What the H*LL was the breeder thinking??  Was there NO screening done?  NO education?  Sounds like take the money and run!!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 08:22:27 am »
What the H*LL was the breeder thinking??  Was there NO screening done?  NO education?  Sounds like take the money and run!!

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. If the breeder had actually talked to and educated these people when they bought not one but TWO NEWFOUNDLAND DOGS... the dogs would not be in this situation right now. There is no way you just let someone buy two newfies without making sure they know what they are getting into. I wonder if the buyers were even introduced to adult dogs to see how big they would become??? >:( :'(