Author Topic: Rosie...The more I look the more I wonder...what the heck!..lol!  (Read 14535 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

2 pics of Rosie from tonight..We've had her since Dec 1 when we took her in as a foster for Kuvasz rescue & then decided to keep her...I have weighed her looks & personality in my mind so many times trying to decide what she really might be...I think she probably has some LGD in her but has little of the behaivor...She has a tremendous prey drive...Again, I ask you all...What do you see? :-\ :) ;D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 09:11:14 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Rosie...The more I look the more I wonder...what the heck!..lol!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 08:31:20 am »
shameless bump :D Why does it drive me crazy wondering what she might be??? :-\

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 08:46:09 am »
Trust me, I know exactly how you feel! (Have you seen Turkey lately??? We are starting to think she is part dingo!!)

When I look at Rosie, I see... Kuvasz, Labrador, or Golden Retriever. She is stunning.  ;D

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 08:56:25 am »
Rosie definetly looks like a Golden Retriever / Great Pyr mix to me.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 09:17:31 am »
She looks like a white LGD breed to me!  ;) LOL!  Have you taken a look through www.lgd.org to research the different breeds?  She could be a mix of any of the white breeds actually.  As big as she is, I don't think she's mixed with Lab or Retriever
Daphne

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 09:22:01 am »
Wow, I sat there looking at her pics...she's beautiful by the way!  I see a golden or lab head, the snout definitely looks golden, but usually when golden is mixed with a lighter colored breed the mixed babies almost always have golden fur.  This is confusing! I used to be so good at guessing mixed breeds when I worked at the vet clinic, but I think I may have lost the "special" guessing touch! lol

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 11:50:52 am »
Thanks everyone!!...I personally think she has a whole lot of Lab in her...She is so energetic & agile & loves people unless she feels backed into a corner...She is a bit timid but the behaivoralist says this is because she has been mistreated...I know she looks big but she weighs less than 70 lbs...The last time I had he weighed she was like 64 or 65...I think she has the white LGD look too but someone has also mentioned she might look like she has some white GSD...& Turkey...Yes I've seen her...That's a hard call too...lol...Bu t I LOVE how she looks!...Very cute & unique! :) I do agree Rosie is a pretty girl!...It's not that I CARE what she is at all...not one bit...It's just that it is interesting to me what she might be...Does that make sense?...lol!

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 12:34:33 pm »
She's so pretty!  I definitley see Lab in that face.  I know what you mean about not caring, but being curious-we've decided that McDougal, who is supposed to be pure Papillon, must be a mix.  He is over 20 lbs and pretty tall (way too big for a Pap).  It's fun to look at every breed and wonder if your baby has a little in him (her in your case!) :)
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 03:35:28 pm »
Someone has mentioned to me more than once that she must have Anatolian Shepard in her so I went & looked at some pics...They do have the long legs don't they?...Here is a couple pics of white Anatolian Shepards...The first in the showring & the last a more informal shot...Rosie of coarse is inbetweent the two....I can see definite similarities in the body, ears & face...What do you guys think?...Forgot to add she has sigle dewclaws on the back legs.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 03:53:13 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 05:02:56 pm »
That might be it!  Anatolian/Pyr mixes are not uncommon.  I didn't realize she was that small but still may be a LGD mix.

Pst, not for sure until I have her in hand BUT I might be getting an Anatolian female in about a week.  I hate to even type it for fear of jinxing myself.  I spoke too soon before - was supposed to get a pr of Pyrs but they went to someone else. 
Daphne

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 05:34:29 pm »
That is so cool that you might be getting an Anatolian!!...They breed fascinates me!...I love all the LGD's though!...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 09:10:59 pm »
That's funny you should say that b/c when I saw that one pic of Rosie standing sideways I immediately thought of Anatolian.  But I don't know enough about the breed to make any judgements one way or the other.

She is a very pretty girl, though. I love her face.   :)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 10:31:12 pm »
That's funny you should say that b/c when I saw that one pic of Rosie standing sideways I immediately thought of Anatolian.  But I don't know enough about the breed to make any judgements one way or the other.

She is a very pretty girl, though. I love her face.   :)
I love her sweet face too!!....The bad start in life that she is learning to overcome makes us cherish her even more! :)

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2006, 12:44:50 pm »
Are you sure on how old she is?  Some lines develop later than others... she may be younger than you think... My female CO also has more prey than zero...also the other thing is size with LGDs...some are monsters and others are average...

What ever she is, she sure is beautiful!
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 01:48:46 pm »
Thanks Babs!...Not sure on her age...The shelter & my vet thought between 2 & 3 & our trainer thought she was closer to 1 & 1/2 to 2.