Author Topic: What do you do if you're attacked by a dog?  (Read 4373 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Re: What do you do if you're attacked by a dog?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 09:47:18 am »
Hi,

Here is a recipie for a home made cayenne pepper spray. It is easy and cheap to make and you can control the strength of the liquid. Take Cayenne pepper as much as you want at least two tablespoons full and soak that in alcohol (rubbing is best, but any alcohol is fine) overnight at least 1 cup. Strain that liquid into a spray bottle, (make sure it is a good stream sprayer , not just a mist)the straight liquid is the strongest, you can add water to dilute the concentration.

Oh and if you add a lot of water this is a great spray for your garden to deter pests from you vegtables and flowers and will not harm us Humans like pesticides can.

Aim for the dogs face, eyes or mouth, they WILL STOP, and it does no lasting damage except the initial uncomfortable burn. Nothing is more important then protecting you and yours!!

Rich

... Sounds like a good table condiment too.  Great for spicing up soups and meats, deterring charging dogs and keeping your vegetable garden pest free!  Is there anything this magic spray can't do?  ;D ;D ;D  Seriously though, I'll have to try that one out. ;)
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 10:33:04 am »
Hi,

Here is a recipie for a home made cayenne pepper spray. It is easy and cheap to make and you can control the strength of the liquid. Take Cayenne pepper as much as you want at least two tablespoons full and soak that in alcohol (rubbing is best, but any alcohol is fine) overnight at least 1 cup. Strain that liquid into a spray bottle, (make sure it is a good stream sprayer , not just a mist)the straight liquid is the strongest, you can add water to dilute the concentration.

Oh and if you add a lot of water this is a great spray for your garden to deter pests from you vegtables and flowers and will not harm us Humans like pesticides can.

Aim for the dogs face, eyes or mouth, they WILL STOP, and it does no lasting damage except the initial uncomfortable burn. Nothing is more important then protecting you and yours!!

Rich

... Sounds like a good table condiment too.  Great for spicing up soups and meats, deterring charging dogs and keeping your vegetable garden pest free!  Is there anything this magic spray can't do?  ;D ;D ;D  Seriously though, I'll have to try that one out. ;)

THREE must haves for any home...duct tape, W-D 40 and Rich's Cayenne Pepper Spray!   ;)
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 11:37:13 am »
Hi,

Nothing like home chemistry!! Some people add soap to the recipie for the garden spray version, Cayenne pepper has all sorts of great uses

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Cayenne+pepper

Check out this google search.

Rich

PS and you can cook with it Gotta love the spice! ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 11:39:22 am by Winslow 151 »
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad