Author Topic: Please sign to help protect our gentle giants!!! Cross posted from Newf - L  (Read 27178 times)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
I don't know if anybody has seen this yet, but this is Kahn.  It's good to put a face to victims, it makes them real and not just an object for pity. What a beautiful Newf he was, his family obviously loved him very much....  :'(

Oh wow, he's beautiful. And you're right, that's the first thought I had, someone loved this guy an awful lot. I am forwarding this to everyone I know. After reading what happened to him, I'm just so confused as to why people are like that? How do you look at a beautiful animal like that and come up with that plan? It's just so sickening. And so very very sad for the Bradford's :'(
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Thanks, Ryan, for finding that picture.  It's all I can do to quickly skim reports like these before I get to a boiling rage.  I think it's the mother bear in me.  BLIND rage!  I hope everybody (even the lurkers  ;) ;) ;)) sign the petition.  Their goal is 5,000 signatures.... wish we could get a million!  :'( :'( :'(

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
I've signed. 

Where exactly was this?  Maybe there needs to be a second petition to recall the judge and get the District/Prosecuting Attorney defeated in the next election. 

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
It was in Wetumpka, AL.  The petition is addressed to the distict attorney, but the case was handled in municipal court.  No clue yet.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
That is heartbreaking. It's obvious how much he was loved. Those poor poor people. :'( :'( :'(
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
Is there anybody in Alabama who can find out who the judge is?  He needs to know that there are people in the country who think that animals matter to families; people who pay taxes and vote.  People who get really, really P*ssed off by that kind of a punishment.  The DA needs to be embarrassed, the judge and anybody who had anything to do with that case!!!

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
I read this last night and signed the petition. It sickens me to think humans can be so sick. When I tried to sleep , I kept on thinking about the suffering that poor dog went through. People like that deserve to die a slow painful death!
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
I just sent an email to a lawyer friend with the docket #s she should be able to pull up the info everybody wants on the trial. I also sent her the link to the petition. Kali and I are signiture #3155. Tim

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
I just sent an email to a lawyer friend with the docket #s she should be able to pull up the info everybody wants on the trial. I also sent her the link to the petition. Kali and I are signiture #3155. Tim

Oh, Tim, I'm so glad that you did that!!  I hope we hear something back so these idiots don't think they can operate below the radar!!!  Maybe if they get embarrassed enough, other judges and DA's will take animals who are loved by humans more seriously!!!  They are not "just property"!!! >:(

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
fumble and i are 3,376.  this is absolutely disgusting! i have to say, i am throughouly disgusted and ashamed to be a part of a society that lets this happens to animals, and the creulty of people.  a 400 fine basically says, oh it's okay. here's a slap on your hand.  everybody has something they love, dog, cat, hamster, snake.. take your pick.  everybody has an animal they feel like they can't live without!  i know i'm preaching to people who already feel this way.  but still! im just venting because i think more than anythign this pisses me off!!!

and wait a minute? did anything happen because of his pit bulls?? isn't that a crime in itself?  raising dogs to be killers, per say???
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
Been doing a little digging, since this supposedly happened in the city I am from.

I think this is him: what a piece of work: http://www.dps.state.al.us/public/abi/system/so/details.asp?id=3709

I am soooo angry about this.  >:(
So he's a dog-killer/rapist ??? what next...mauling innocent young girls with his pack of pits? those pits are also being abused.
This has my signature for sure.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 01:58:51 pm by teamshredit »
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Contact Information
Court Officials
Presiding Judge: John R. Thornton
Court Clerk: Kenneth M. Harris
Magistrate:  David Sexton
City Attorney: Keith Howard
City Prosecutor: W. Kendrick James

Court Officers
Court Referral Officer: Jo Lynn Burnett

City of Wetumpka
Municipal Court
212 South Main Street
Wetumpka, Alabama 36092

Mailing Address:
Post Office Box 1180
Wetumpka, Alabama  36092

Phone: (334) 567-1305
Fax: (334) 514-0739

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
I have forwarded this to a popular radio talk show host here in Boston who is also owned by a couple of Newfoundlands that he adores and talks about on his show often. His show is political in nature and he has a wide audience, hopefully he'll be willing to call attention to this issue. Keep your fingers crossed!
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

k2campbell

I'm in tears. :'(  That poor family.  That poor dog, my goodness the pain and confusion he must have went through...

I will DEFINITELY be signing this petition.  The link didn't work for me right now, but I'll try again later. :-\

People are SICK.  I'm going to go give Kate a big hug now, I couldn't even imagine...