Author Topic: Newbie Here  (Read 16089 times)

Offline StBernardGirl

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Newbie Here
« on: May 30, 2005, 02:34:15 am »
Hey guys!

Im new here but thought i would say hi. I used to have a saint bernard but unfortunetly she died only after having her for about 12 months. Anyway, im after getting a new Saint in the next 12 months or so (As soon as im in my new house) So just thought id say hi to you and your beautiful pooches!
Im from Australia!

Sarah

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Here
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 06:59:28 am »
Hi. Sorry to hear about your baby. We would love to hear a bit about her and cant wait to see pics of your new puppy, when you get him.
You will love this site. Everyone is so friendly and just a great bunch.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 09:38:38 am »
Hi Sarah sorry to hear about your saint .My saint Spotakiss is 6 months oldWhat did your saint die of?If your near ohio I know some great breeders of champion lines.Anyway youll love this site and the people are great.

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 10:01:44 am »
Sarah, I am so sorry for your loss.  However, you are among friends now and we can't wait for your new addition to arrive!  You must post pics everyday when it gets there!  This is Leo, our 2.5 year old smooth coat.  He is lazy and I really have a hard time posting anything on here about him because of it! 

Natalie

nickerbokker

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 11:16:49 am »
Hi Sarah sorry to hear about your saint .My saint Spotakiss is 6 months oldWhat did your saint die of?If your near ohio I know some great breeders of champion lines.Anyway youll love this site and the people are great.

hey......so... ...me and jabear decided to dognapp your pooch and split the time between our two homes.  but im thinking that you have such a beautiful family, and he fits in so well, and how could we take him from a little boy!  however, he is just the most beautiful EVER, and i would totally love to talk with you about these breeders you know!  my family lives in missouri, so i could drive there, pick up the family, drive to ohio and pick up a puppy, play in missouri for a couple of weeks, and then drive back to cali.  ROAD TRIP.  i would break my car when i got home, but other than that, it sounds like a plan. 

does your breeder havea website or anytying?

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 12:12:17 pm »
I got Spotakiss from Linda Bulicz.But she co owns some of her saints with Slatons saints.If you go to saint bernard club of america they are listed there under breeder referrel.All of their dogs are just beautiful like my Spotakiss.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 02:40:38 pm »
Hi Sarah, nice to have you here, and I am real sorry to hear about your baby. What happened to her?? If it is too painful or you dont want to talk about it, I fully understand though.

Sooooo Australia, is there a place in the US called Australia, or are you from "down under" I am not from the US, well I guess I am, I live here now, but I am still a bit of a retard when it comes to geography. It took me awhile before I realized that the Paris some people was talking about was here and not in Paris, France  ::) Am I glad I didnt start to talk about how I soooo enjoyed to see Paris when I was there hehe.

I hope we'll hear a lot from you and if you have pics of your baby who went to the bridge please post

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline StBernardGirl

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 12:15:46 am »
Hey guys
thanks for all the hello's!
Donna died about 5 years ago. My best friend and i rescued her and she had terrible epilepsy and lost all control of her back legs. But she was still beautiful! ill have to scan some pics!

Spotakiss is just ADORABLE!!!

im from 'down under'

sarah

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2005, 01:32:31 am »
I am looking forward to see pics of her. I am sure she was a beauty...... You must be so excited about getting a dog. Please dont forget to let us "tag along" when you start your search  :D

Soooo down under..... Where about in Australia do you live, and what is the time difference???? I have always wanted to visit both Australia and New Zealand, maybe some day..... But for now, you can be a surrogat  ;D Tell me about how life is there and everything about your dogs and how the australian Kennel club is working, how dog and cat rescue there works and about one million other things that would be interesting to know about, hmmmm not scaring you away now am I????? :o

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

dohertyswissy

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2005, 03:24:38 pm »
I'm sooo sorry to hear about Donna.  You need another Saint pronto!!!  Warning:  we are all puppy pushers here!  We'll need regular updates and photos of your search!!  LOL!!

This is such a great site!  You'll love it here!

I have a 6 month old Greater Swiss Mountain Dog named Ranger and a 28 year old hubby named Jason.  hehehe

I'm with Marit - Fill us in on all the Australian info!  I'm born and raised in the states, so consider me clueless.   ;)

Again, welcome!

Heather

Offline StBernardGirl

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 09:05:03 pm »
God you are all such a friendly bunch! hehe
My partner and i are waiting to move into our new home which will be in about 12-18 months so then we will look at getting a saint bernard. He has never had a big dog before but he just loves animals so i know as soon as he meets one he'd fall in love with them! (if not he goes hahaha just jokes)  We do have another puppy at the moment, although hes not HUGE. He is a 5 months old beagle x and he is just adorable.
Well down under is good. Im from Perth which none of you have probably heard about but its great here! i dont know if i could live any where else! The rescues here are great, although i dont have that much to do with them! Im not sure about the time difference?
Dony worry about being a puppy pusher..im a HUGE puppy lover haha i wish they all stayed that way forever! although i love seeing what they grow up into!
Question for you saint bernard owners! Do you leave your dogs home during the day while you are at work? do they fret for you?
Thanks heaps for the welcome!

Sarah

nickerbokker

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2005, 09:09:26 pm »
hey......thats where heath ledger is from isnt it?

i heard him on i think DAVE one night.....

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 09:12:07 pm »
Sarah, I am sorry I'm late on my welcome...I thought I'd posted on this thread...They say the mind is the 1st thing to go ya' know...lol!...Anyway, I am very sorry to hear what happened to your fur baby!...So sad!...It must have been very difficult for you....I have a 10 month old Great Pyrenees named Samson...He is my 1st dog & I can't believe now that I waited this long to get one!...We are getting Samson his own puppy hopefully by next spring...He has promised to feed, water, & clean up after it...lol...I thought we had settled on a Newfie but now we have been talking about St.'s more & more so I don't know!...So many dog breeds...So little family room space..lol...W elcome to the group!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2005, 10:16:11 pm »
Hi again, Sarah!  About your question, I just quit my job last week (I'm loving life now!), but we left Leo at home by himself everyday.  He doesn't like to be left and when I put on my coat or if he sees me putting on my shoes he gets antsy and starts to bark at me!  I just tried to make sure I gave him lots of loves at night and I took him for lots of car rides and visits when I wasn't working.  I love coming home after being gone for a while because he is so excited to see me and he jumps around and is an instant puppy (175lb puppy!)!  I've never had any problem with him being alone because he is quite a lazy boy and just sleeps the whole time!  I can't wait to see a pic of your Donna! 

Natalie

Offline StBernardGirl

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2005, 12:46:21 am »
Thanks for the info! I was just curious because i will be working full time and so will my other half when we get our saint but we do have another dog for him to play with so i hope they keep each other entertained!Alhouhg i will be home for the first month when she is a puppy so she can settle in.

Yep heath ledger is from Perth..althoug h i dont know him..Perth is a big place!

Sarah