Author Topic: Naughty dog tales  (Read 3757 times)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Naughty dog tales
« on: April 09, 2006, 11:14:03 am »
OK So Sadies pillow incident has given me an idea - since we all got a good chuckle out of the story picturing cute Sadie with little white balls all over her - tell a story of your own naughty babies!!

Harley is also a naughty boy so I can think of a few but on the same line as Sadies -

My daughter had gotten a new dress up kit for her birthday it came in a large cardboard box with a latch on it that looked like a treasure chest - so we went to give my daughter a bath and left harley (who was probably about 1 year old) downstairs - well we came down and it looked like a Flamingo was killed in our living room - bright pink feathers everywhere!!  all over harley also - and he was wagging his tail and looking so proud as if to see look I killed the big bad bird - it took awhile but we figured out it was the feather boa that came in the dress up set he had knocked the box over and sprung the lock!!

My daughter wasn't pleased but I thought it was quite amusing

I am sure all of our babies have been naughty I look forward to giggling at your doggies stories!!

Randy & Harley

mjjensen

Re: Naughty dog tales
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 12:09:26 pm »
  Where do I begin...I'll start with my Newfy Molly. When she was about the age that Duncan is now she had the run of the kitchen when ever I wasn't in the house. I thought I had it pretty well puppy-proofed with baby latches on all the cupboards and baby gates on the doorways. Well, one day after a trip to the grocery store I went outside to mow the lawn. When I finished I opened the door to go back inside and the house seemed to be filled with smoke that was coming from the kitchen. I went bolting in to rescue my baby and I see her in the middle of the floor laying in the middle of 12 rolls of shredded paper towels(the bulk package I had just bought at the grocery store)looking like a ghost from the 5 pound bag of flour she she had also shredded. She had figured how to open the pantry closet which was the only door I hadn't put a latch on. I was finding flour in things for weeks.
  On a more recent note...last week I came home from work to find Sam sleeping on one of the couch cushions on the floor which was covered with chunks of foam. At first I couldn't figure out what the foam was from since all the cushions looked whole including the one Sam was on. Once I got Sam up I flipped the cushion over and there was a hole in it about as big around as a basket ball. No confessions but Duncan was looking really guilty.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 12:41:13 pm »
I am sure that Zoey has done worse than this, but this is the first one that comes to mind since I am munching on some skittles right now...

Dan loves skittles, so once when Zoey was a couple months old he bought him self a jumbo bag of skittles (I'm talking like 2lbs here). Zoey was really good about not eating things that didn't belong to her and it was thought that she couldn't reach Dan's favorite skittle storage spot, so he left the bag sitting there one day while we went out for awhile. When we came home, we found the living room riddled with shredded bag peices and scattered skittles. The funniest part was that Zoey's chin and paws were completely covered in multi-colored food dye. The stains from 'tasting the rainbow' stayed on her fur for a week  :o And believe it or not, she didn't even get a tummy ache from all that candy  :o
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 12:42:15 pm by shangrila »
RIP former BPO

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 01:04:28 pm »
My guys have been good recently so I'll give funny stories from our vet's saint Katie.  Our vet Jo decided to make spaghetti one night and left the noodles cooking on the stove while she was doing something else in the house.  Well Katie took the opportunity to take the pot off the stove and gently set it on the floor so no one could hear her.  She then proceeded to eat all the noodles before her mom realized she was up to something.  Plus those were the only noodles in the house so needless to say they didn't get to eat spaghetti that night.

Then there was the time we were babysitting her and her brother Tyler.  My friend was over and we were watching TV when it got really quiet and we both looked at each other and said it's tooooo quiet.  I ran into the backbedroom where they were and sure enough Katie was chewing on a bottle of orange soda and it was fizzing everywhere.  So I grab it and run down the hall jumping over all the dogs to the kitchen to toss it in the sink (my friend was laughing hysterically by this point). I was covered in the stuff as was Katie plus she had a huge orange spot on her nose for a few weeks.

I'll try to remember some more.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 09:10:15 am »
LOL, I'm glad Sadie inspired such a thread. I'm sure it would make her very happy.

There are SO MANY to choose from with her, but I think my favorite has to be....it's a toss up between her putting the remote control in the toilet (apparently they taste better that way, washes off the bitter apple don't you know ;)) and the day she DEMOLISHED an entire box of tampons. I tried so hard to be mad at her but when she had one dangling by a string and she was shaking it trying to kill it, I about died laughing. Or the time she ate my cell phone. I could go on and on and on, I'm sure more will come to me. In fact, she'll probably do something awful today that I can add ;)

My two surrogate big paws, Rocky and Bailey (GSD and Golden) when they were puppies were TERRORS as well. They were out in the yard one day when they were puppies and I heard my mother scream. My parents were draining the pool and the two of them had chewed through the hose and had the entire backyard turned into a giant mud puddle. They were both covered in it from head to tail. I thought for sure my mom would kill them but they survived. They were banished to the porch for several hours though ;)
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 10:12:25 am »
Hi,

Winslows best so far  ;) was Kraft Easy-Mac  >:( We bought a case of it at BJ's you know BJ's where you can only get the REALLY BIG BOXES of stuff. :P Well we put the box on the counter went out fro a few more errands cam home. And found individual easy mac meals scatterd around the ktchen. Winslow was perfect he ate only complete meals. Meaning he ate the pasta and the bag of cheese (Yes the Bag of Cheese)So there was no big mess and he didn't leave us all the macroni with no cheese, But (litterally BUTT) when he finished processing his Snack you would have thought a cheese doodle truck exploded in the yard. Cheesy puffs all over the place!!! ::)

He needs another play date with Sadie, if she teaches him to work the microwave I'm sure he'll enjoy the easy -mac much more!!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 10:14:03 am by Winslow 151 »
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 05:30:09 am »
I think this pic speaks for itself. :o

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 05:35:17 am »
OK So I get on the site so glad to be back and open this thread I am sitting in my classroom its nice and quiet I see the picture of the chair and break out laughing the kids think I'm nuts!!

Kind of a gross story but kind of funny also

OK Stoli (my springer who has since passed, the one who is now known as St. Stoli but was terrible then).

Stoli was known to eat garbage, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom anything.  So she was in the bathroom garbage and got some feminine products for that time of the month. And she ate them.  We were having an electrician put in a 220 Volt line in our house; he was in the yard and came in and said - I think something is wrong with your dog - She seems to be pooping cotton balls everywhere!!

Offline Heighway

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Webster at 8 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 09:11:49 am »
My fav story is of Hightower, my first newf when he was about 9 months old.   I had planned a dinner party for about 12 people.  Had cooked a 5-6 pound whole sirloin tip roast, twice baked potatoes, green bean casserole and cake.  I had taken everything out of the oven and put it on the stove top, then went back to get showered and dressed.  When I walked thru the den about 15 min. before company was due to arrive, I saw HT chewing on what I thought was my sons basketball and called Daniel to come get it and put it away.  I bopped on into the kitchen and immediately slipped on someything on the floor. As I lay there looking up at the ceiling, my hand touched something gooey.... a half eaten twice backed potatoe... then the light bulb went off in my head.  The "basketball" was my roast!!!  There was au jus all over the floor, only 1/2 the potatoes, less than that of the cake and the green beans were "tasted" but still intact.  I cleaned up greasy, cheesey uck for a week.  We cooked hamburgers out that night.
Karen

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 10:24:25 am »
What a great post!  I have to say that Barkley and Sheba are both really good and so I have no stories from them...serious ly.

BUT, their predecessor was my dog Rufus.  I'll attach a picture of him.  I could run down this list of posts and go "check, yep...did that and that and that".

My favourite stories of him involve getting up on counters and eating.  The first was when I lived in a small group home as a live in support for three women who needed some support to live in the community.  One of the women was going through a rough time and had gone off her meds, and had severe munchies all the time!  I had baked about six dozen cookies for the house and our neighbours and had left them on the counter to cool.  There was a 'maid's hole' in the wall that led out to the dining room, and the bench for dining room table was directly under the maid's hole (for those who don't know...a maid's hole is just that - a hole in the wall that allows you to pass things through from one room to another).

In any case, I came home to find about 3 dozen of the cookies gone!  I was annoyed with the woman, thinking she had eaten them all.

Until I came into the dining room and saw Rufus ... he got up on the bench, climbed through the maid's hole ... crept across the counter, grabbed a mouthful of cookies and get this....BACKED himself back across the counter and out of the hole back onto the bench!

The next funniest involved a similiar scenario.  My very hard of hearing dad; 12 mincemeat tarts in tinfoil cups; and my bad dog.  Mom and I got home from shopping to see one tart left on the counter, and my dad asleep.  Mom bawled him out ... only to walk into her bedroom to find Rufus, belly up and surrounded by 11 tin foil pans!

I miss that little buggar!  :D
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline swells

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 02:45:44 pm »
Sorry if I already posted this story.

My hubby and I came home from work one day and the living room was covered in feathers. One of the dogs had fought with the feather duster and won. I lined all 3 dogs up trying to find the guilty culprit. First I said "Sheba, did you eat the feather duster" - no response. Then I said "Harley, did you eat the feather duster" - again no response. Lastly I said "Ozzy, did you eat the feather duster" - he sat there for a minute then he hicupped and I noticed a feather flew out of his mouth. BUSTED.

Stacie

Offline CujoandShamus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 04:01:52 am »
this is what happens when I try to fold laundry infront of Shamus. He was pulling clothes out of the boys dreeser they had left open