Author Topic: TB  (Read 35974 times)

nickerbokker

TB
« on: May 30, 2005, 01:22:45 pm »
well.  i got my TB shot on saturday, the day after i found out that i had possibly been exposed....i watched it all saturday and didn't have a reaction.  yesterday i put on a long sleeve shirt, and haven't looked at it since.  well, my mom called today and asked how it was, and i looked at it for the first time, and guess the h*ll what....theres a big red circle. 

i dont have it read utnil tomorrow morning......b ut as of now, that a REALLY bad sign.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: TB
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 01:44:11 pm »
OH No nickerbokker. Thats not good at all. I had TB when I was 6mnths old. Im sure there are alot better treatments now but I know its still not good. I spent a year in a sanitaryum (SP?) . I still get chest x-rays every year. You better get to the Dr. soon.
Take care.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline morticiaangie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 01:52:54 pm »
Yikes!!!! Hope for the best - are you coughing or showing any symptoms? Sometimes you can have a positive test indicating exposure and not develop the full blown infection. Then the treatment is not nearly as long as with the full blown tuberculosis. I'll keep my fingers crossed.  :-\
"The life given us by nature is short; but the memory of a well-spent life is eternal."
~ Cicero 106-43 BC

nickerbokker

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 01:54:21 pm »
my read is tomorrow, so im sure i'll get x-rays from there if im not wrong and it is indeed TB.

im really staying positive here though and thinking its just a reaction to the needle....LOL, nothing wrong with being in denial right!  :)

Offline morticiaangie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 01:56:07 pm »
Denial is a very lovely place to live - glad to hear I am not it's only inhabitant!!!!
"The life given us by nature is short; but the memory of a well-spent life is eternal."
~ Cicero 106-43 BC

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 02:00:38 pm »
Nicker
My Sister and my Dad always test positive because they were in contact with me when I had it. So maybe thats all it is. A chest x-ray will tell you.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline new2saints

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 02:21:06 pm »
OHHHHH #$)(@*)(%*@)($&!  I hope you are right and it is just a reaction to the needle!  Please let us know as soon as you find out anything and I will send positive thoughts your way! 

new2saints

nickerbokker

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2005, 02:22:57 pm »
OHHHHH #$)(@*)(%*@)($&!  I hope you are right and it is just a reaction to the needle!  Please let us know as soon as you find out anything and I will send positive thoughts your way!  

new2saints

LMAO.....i love your post LOL.

i will of course let everyone know, becaue hey, its me...and all i do is talk about myself here...screw the dogs.

thanks for the thoughts

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2005, 02:30:51 pm »
Ohhhh I am so so sorry nicker..... That is just horrible. I told hubby about you and how the family you work/worked (not sure which) for didnt tell you that they had it. And he was as stunned as I was. You know, not that it will help your condition any, but they should really be reported, TB is a serious thing and to have it and not tell your nanny who without a doubt is in very close contact with your children that is just too low, and criminal too. I am pretty sure you have to report TB to heath dep. and cdc, the sam way as rabies, measles and what not has to be reported. Back when I was a baby, they still vaccinated in Sweden, then when it was totally gone they stopped, so they have not vaccinated for about hmmmm 15 years or so, only if they have a reason to believe you are exposed, like people moving in from other countries where they do not vaccinate and it is still existing. But when I moved here, I had to take an x-ray so they knew I didnt bring anyting unwanted into the country (it is super hard to get all the papers in order before you get a permanent residence permit) And since I am vaccinated it shows up just a tiny bit on the tests, and they say that it does that to everyone who has been vaccinated (which is a form of exposure) So I am with you stay positiv, it may not be as bad as you think. And if it should be, they actually do have pretty good treatments nowadays, not saying it isnt going to be a loooot to deal with. But hey..... you always have your friends here, we are here for you and heck I am vaccinated Ill be your friend in person too  ;D

Good Luck Nicker and please tell us as soon as you know tomorrow

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

nickerbokker

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 02:42:24 pm »
lol, thanks for making me laugh!  im on the phone with my crying/bitching/screaming mom right now, and she is just bringing me down......but then marit comes and saves the day!

lol, im so glad i have you all

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 03:06:43 pm »
Well not saying its not bad enough without having a hysterical  mom to deal with, but to her defence, had it been my child I would have been in my car driving like the devil, going straight to your employers house and they my kid would have to visit me in  jail lol..... So bear with her nicker...... its just because she loves you and is worried K.....

Im going to the movies with my kids and hubby now, so talk to you all later

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2005, 03:33:43 pm »
I hope everything turns out ok, we are thinking about you. ;)

nickerbokker

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2005, 03:35:57 pm »
and im thinking about all of you LOL.

now that i cant leave my friggin house for anything....th is is all i have to do.  well, i probably should be packing...but who wants to do that on a holiday!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2005, 03:38:53 pm »
Holy crap!  I'm pretty sure that they deport people with TB ;D  There's this country that they send you all to and make you work in shoe lace factories and eat pork rhinds all day.  That's just what I heard...  Okay, I'm pulling your leg.  Don't worry about it now because it won't do any good until tomorrow ;)  I'm trying to be serious here but I keep remembering that I'm talking to you and it throws me off!  Just drink and get drunk until you find out what it is for crap sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That's how I solve problems!  And I won't even charge you for this advice ;D

nickerbokker

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2005, 03:46:17 pm »
Holy crap!  I'm pretty sure that they deport people with TB ;D  There's this country that they send you all to and make you work in shoe lace factories and eat pork rhinds all day.  That's just what I heard...  Okay, I'm pulling your leg.  Don't worry about it now because it won't do any good until tomorrow ;)  I'm trying to be serious here but I keep remembering that I'm talking to you and it throws me off!  Just drink and get drunk until you find out what it is for crap sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That's how I solve problems!  And I won't even charge you for this advice ;D

good, cuz i have no money!  they didn't pay me well, and now, i have to spend all that money on tests and chest x-rays.  SO MUCH FOR RENT HEY!

lol, you ALWAYS must remember you are talking to me, and i only respond to humor LOL.  i was thinking that same thing though...i was like "shit, i hope they dont send me off to an island with the lepers to die alone!"

people considered at HGH RISK of it becomin NOT GOOD are drunks.  LMAO....ironic isn't it!

dont worry, i'll be wasted soon!  i hope someone joins in though!  maybve we'll even have a chat by then!