Author Topic: TB  (Read 35971 times)

nickerbokker

Re: TB
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2005, 09:49:38 pm »
nevermind nevermind..... .those letters/words freaked me out for a moment and i now see how wrong i read that.

where did you get your name from by the way!  my family is from croatia.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2005, 09:52:56 pm »
My father is a Karabaic.  Our ancestors came from Otok Krk in Istria.  That's why you are so tan.  What part of Croatia are you from?  My sister's boyfriend is also Croatian.  Do you listen to Croatian music?  Crvena Jabuka?  Anything like that?  I was planning to go this year, but the IRS decided to do something weird with my refund, so I am still waiting for it and now it is too late this year.   :'(
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2005, 09:54:14 pm »
My great-grandfather Anton from Krk.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

nickerbokker

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2005, 10:00:48 pm »
oh how interesting!

yes, actually, i do listen to croation music!  not so much anymore...but back home, my grandpa's friend owned a croatian radio station, and he got me hooked on it when i was little.  as corny as it sounds, when i miss him, i listen to it.  my sisters never got into it, so it was "our" thing.  when my mom was little, she was in the croatian band....and all i ever hear is about how much she hated that band and music, and its quite amusing to hear her stories about the crazy croatians!  i was raised in the croatian catholic church on 4th and russell, with father bob LOL.  

we are from novi vinodol.  i personally have never been there....but my sisters and i have made it a goal of ours to go together and find the cottage my grandma was born in...when we complain about chores, she is sure to tell us about doing laundry on the boulders of the mediterranian. .ita annoying.  we also all want to take our kids there one day....thats a different story though.

good luck on your trip!  if you want, i know a certain girl with certain connections on free flights, im sure we can figure out some way to make a deal for some airfare!  but i want to come too!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 10:13:58 pm by nickerbokker »

nickerbokker

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2005, 10:02:35 pm »
very handsome!

i love old time photos!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2005, 10:08:26 pm »
I would love to have someone else to go with some day.  Let's keep that in mind...I wonder how far your town is from the Istrian Peninsula...or is it closer to Dubrovnik in the south?

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2005, 10:11:23 pm »
Just look how close Novi Vinodolski is to Otok Krk:

http://www.vinodol.com/novi/lokac.htm

We could be cousins!

nickerbokker

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2005, 10:15:37 pm »
im a kriskovich and pluchinski.... ..

sound familiar LOL

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2005, 10:21:09 pm »
Seriously, we shouldn't lose touch.  What are the chances of finding someone else to travel with some day who is going to such a close town?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 10:39:49 pm by moonlitcroatia »

nickerbokker

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2005, 10:24:07 pm »
unless i get booted from this site, i'll be aroudn for a long time.  heck, while i am in isolation, all i CAN do is play on this board!

we'll keep in touch for sure.  my email, byu the way, is nicolelevick@sbcglobal.net

use it whenever you want!

nickerbokker

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2005, 10:24:17 pm »
unless i get booted from this site, i'll be aroudn for a long time.  heck, while i am in isolation, all i CAN do is play on this board!

we'll keep in touch for sure.  my email, byu the way, is nicolelevick@sbcglobal.net

use it whenever you want!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2005, 10:30:08 pm »
Oh no!  I heard that people with TB repeat themselves on message boards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You're a gonner girl...

nickerbokker

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2005, 10:32:55 pm »
o shit.

thats like 4 times today.  lol, seriously, i think my brain has already been taken over by the TB.  at least now i have a good excuse for typos and spelling!  ha ha!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2005, 09:19:14 am »
Okay...so, I'm not from Croatia.   I'm an Irish girl, but I'll see if I can find a cheapo flight for you guys there.  It is very nice having a best friend's hubby who is a pilot!  Not sure he goes to Croatia...but he probably knows pilots who do! 

Nicki - I'll be sure to send some pilot love your way!  Us old married ladies will have to live vicariously through your exploits!  LOL!  okay...I'm not old...I'm not old... I'm not old ..... 28 isn't old is it?????  I feel like Austin Powers today....someo ne stole my mojo!   :P

nickerbokker

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2005, 11:07:00 am »
LMAO!  you're not old honey!  you're in your prime! 

"i'm goin' to eat your baby!"  "GET IN MY BELLY!"