Author Topic: Confessions of a Lurker  (Read 8857 times)

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Confessions of a Lurker
« on: April 09, 2006, 06:52:05 pm »
Hello! I hope this doesn't sound too creepy, but I have been lurking on here for awhile now. I have been enjoying all the fun discussions & the darling photos & videos! I have been feeling a little guilty reading & not chiming in.....It's like I'm eavesdropping, or something!  :o I hope you all will accept my apology.  :-[

I finally decided to come out of Lurksville & introduce myself...I'm Amy Lynn from Oregon! My husband, John & I have 5 little girls that we homeschool & a Chessie mix, who is 9 years old! We are very soon going to be adding a Newfie to our family. We are so excited to soon be able to share our lives with another Newfie!  :D Our hearts belong to this breed! It is so true that once you have owned a Newfie, you never want to be without one!

I have been talking with a wonderful breeder, who has 2 gorgeousmale Newfoundlands that she is going to place. She kept them to show & for possible breeding & they both ended up with only 1 testicle.  :-X So...now she is unable to show them. It will be a couple more months before We will be able to bring one of them home. That is going to seem like a LONG wait, but will be worth it! These guys are older puppies. They are 8 months old! I just don't know how to choose. They are both too sweet! Too bad we can't take them both.  :( I would love to post a photo to get others thoughts on them, but I'm not sure how.  ??? I am technochalleng ed.  :-[

Thanks for listening. I look forward to getting to know you all.  ;D

Blessings!
Amy Lynn

Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

DakotaMom

Re: Confessions of a Lurker
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 06:59:08 pm »
Hello Amy Lynn, Glad to have another Oregonian join the group. Congrats on your soon to be new puppy. The waiting can be tough.

My name is Denise and I live in Beaverton. I am owned by Dakota, a neutered 4 year old Newf/Lab mix, Jade is a 1-1/2 year old spayed female Leonberger and Nani, a 5 month old female Leonberger show puppy.

Welcome to the family!

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 07:02:28 pm »
Hi Denise!  :)

Thank you for the welcome. Wow! We are pretty close. We live in Forest Grove!  ;D I LOVE all the breeds of dogs that you have!  :) I'll bet you have a fun house!

Blessings!
Amy Lynn
Amy Lynn

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 07:03:50 pm »
Hi Amy Lynn!  I'm Melissa.  I am Mom to Dazy, the 9 month old Giant Schnauzer and Ladybug, the 4 year old Mini Schnauzer.  I am Mom to one skin kid, Alyx, who I also homeschool!  I'm glad you decided to come out of hiding. 

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 07:05:47 pm »
I think I just figured out how to post a picture! Yaaay!  ;D Here are the 2 males that I told you we are trying to choose from. I would love to hear your opinions. We just can't make up our minds. They are BOTH too sweet!

Blessings!
Amy Lynn
Amy Lynn

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 07:09:23 pm »
Hi Melissa!

Thank you for the welcome! I love the photo of your furry baby. How old is your little one that you are homeschooling? We have 11, 9, 6, 3, and a 9 month old.

Blessings!
Amy Lynn
Amy Lynn

DakotaMom

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 07:10:08 pm »
This is great! I grew up in Forest Grove. We'll have to get the dogs together sometime.

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 07:10:44 pm »
Thank you, Tina!

Jack is GORGEOUS! I have been admiring his photo!  :) Did you take that one?

Blessings!
Amy Lynn
Amy Lynn

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 07:12:10 pm »
That would be great, Denise! :) We would love to get together! :) What a small world!  8)
Blessings!
Amy Lynn
Amy Lynn

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006, 07:12:50 pm »
Welcome to BPO!  Wow are those two cuties! :)  I'm Jessica and my husband and I share our home with two newfie girls, Sasha (a little over one year) and Bella (just over 5 months) and a grumpy kitty (who wonders why we have all these doggies ::) ).  Welcome! :)

DakotaMom

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 07:16:54 pm »
We meet at a dog park in Lake Oswego once a month with local Leonberger owners, if you like I can let you know the next time we meet. We have a great time and you would be more than welcome.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2006, 07:30:41 pm »
Hi Amy Lynn,

Welcome to BPO.  Those are two cute puppies.  I love the little guy with all the white on his feet and legs.  I have 2 female Malinois, Cinder and Kaila.

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2006, 07:37:19 pm »
Alyx is almost 8.  She's about to finish up the second grade.

Hi Melissa!

Thank you for the welcome! I love the photo of your furry baby. How old is your little one that you are homeschooling? We have 11, 9, 6, 3, and a 9 month old.

Blessings!
Amy Lynn

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2006, 07:40:43 pm »
Welcome I'm Erin and I'm owned by Kali the newf in my avatar and Lacey an aussie.  Both look cute my suggestion is both but I'm a bad influence so don't listen to me!!
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2006, 08:29:33 pm »
Hello and welcome!  Too bad you can't pic both.  I love the one with all the white.

My name is Chris, and I am owned by Keiko a husky/shep mix, Gunther, a great dane, and Diego/Nigel and Posey, two rat terriers.