Author Topic: Return of "Mean Mommy"  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Return of "Mean Mommy"
« on: April 09, 2006, 09:28:02 pm »
OK, I feel like SUCH a jerk right now. Sadie and my kitty Maggie were just playing and Sadie can get a little rough for Maggie. Maggie is still a baby too, she'll be one in May. I look over and Maggie has blood all over her neck and her head. I totally panicked and started freaking out. I yelled at Sadie and put her in a timeout then went to check on Maggie. I couldn't find a scratch on her but she has blood everywhere. So finally light dawns on "Marble Head" and I realized that Sadie is teething and her gums are bleeding. I'm such a meanie. I gave her hugs and treats, but I still feel so bad. She does need to learn to be a little more gentle with the kitties, because my kitties will put up with far more than they should but still. I totally flipped my lid on her and she didn't even do anything. I'm such an a-hole. :-\
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Return of "Mean Mommy"
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 09:35:17 pm »
Sadie was just probably waiting for you to realize what really happpened so she could get her apologies & treats...Dogs are alot smarter than people give them credit for...She probably planned it. :D :D :D :)

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 09:38:59 pm »
Don't worry!  I'm sure that Sadie has forgotten all about it (while you're still worrying!).  Treats and loves will fix her right up. :)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 09:47:05 pm »
Don't worry about it too much.  We've had the same thing happen at the dog park.  Check over bloody dog only to learn it was playing with a teething puppy.   ;)

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 10:00:26 pm »
Mean mommy all the way, you keep this up and we will have to go DCF on you. We'll have to place Sadie with a foster family until you prove your a fit mom! Can you say little sister for Winslow or maybe Kali ;D. Hey I hear we can attribute it to the drug use anyways so it will only be a short term placement.  Tim

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 10:01:34 pm »
Don't worry, she still loves you! You were only trying to protect your other furkid and didn't realize you had the wrong assumption - it happens to the best of us sometimes. I am sure you made it up to her with extra lovin :)
RIP former BPO