Author Topic: Howdy-new here  (Read 6155 times)

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • When There's A Will, There's A Way
Howdy-new here
« on: April 12, 2006, 04:11:24 am »
Hi, my name is Emily and cricket36580 referred me here.  I was Foster's foster mom  ;D

I am owned by an eight pack of dogs, and am currently fostering two dogs, so that makes my grand total...10 dogs.

I am a part time student and work part time at a vet clinic.  I run a non official rescue (NOT for profit, rather than non profit) with a couple of friends. 

I am owned by:
Blacky- 13 y/o Lab mix
Boss- 12 y/o GSD
Choo-Choo- 6 ish y/o Chihuahua/Terrier mix (big dog in a small package)
Abby- 4 y/o mixed up mutt
Brutus- 4 y/o Great Dane
Waylon- 4ish y/o Pittie mix
Willy (unrelated) - 4ish y/o Pittie mix
Molly- age unknown English Setter

I'm fostering Charlie- 10-11 month old Aussie/Golden mix.  I've had him ever since June '05 and am very surprised he hasn't found a home yet.  He's a great dog.

and Dach who is a 2ish y/o Terrier mix.  He was adopted by a family last year, but he became increasingly aggressive (he didn't show that behavior when I had him, or I wouldn't have adopted him out) with their children and with visitors.  They decided it would be best to return him.  So, unless the right home comes along, I don't feel comfortable adopting out a dog with a bite history-even though he has shown NO aggression while he's been back.  So he'll probably end up staying here.

I'm working on resuing a mantle Dane from a lady I know.  The Dane has a pretty bad case of demodex and the owner is overwhelmed with it.  I've had more than my fair share of foster dogs with demodex, so I'm going to attempt to treat her.  I won't be able to get her for a few weeks yet, though because I'm in the process of moving.  She's being taken care of where she's at, so I'm not too worried about her. 

I'm off to check out some more of the board, here is a picture of my crew (minus the fosters) I took this a couple of years ago.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 04:12:48 am by eightdogs4me »
Emily and the gang

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy-new here
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 04:20:05 am »
Hi Emily!  Welcome to BPO!  That is a great picture of all your furkids.  This is a wonderful board and I am glad you found your way to us.  We will suck you in within a day or so! ;D  I look forward to hearing lots of stories and seeing tons of photos of your crew! My avatar is my 12yo chow Tsu and tomorrow night my dh and I are headed to OH to get our AM pupper!  ~ Jacquie
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 04:22:49 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome!  Be forwarned, though, if you ask for pictures, you will get pictures  ;D

Is there a seperate photo section, or is it ok to post pictures in the general section?  I know some forums I'm on prefer to keep photos in the photos section, etc..
Emily and the gang

Blair

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 04:24:06 am »
Hi and welcome to BPO. I love your picture. I look forward to see more pictures of your doggies  :) My name is Blair and i share my house with a 2 yr Rottie, Zeus, a 1 yr Great Dane, Mr. Grey, a 3 month old Chihuahua, Smudge, and soon to be a German Shorthaired Pointer, Gauge

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 04:24:59 am »
I suppose they like to keep danes in the dane section, Newfs in the newf section, but there will be no beating (as far as I know) if you post on the general board. 
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

kristi

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 04:26:30 am »
Hi Emily & welcome!

I'm Kristi & I'm with Sampson, my Bullmastiff.
That is a fantastic photo - I'm impressed! 8 Dogs all sitting still - wow!

You'll like it here, just remember to post lots of pictures!

Enjoy-
-k.

chaosndestruction

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 04:33:51 am »
Welcome to the board!!! My name is Bri and i'm owned by a 3 week old husky pup and can't wait until she's old enough to come in and be mine! Your crew looks awesome! And yes, MORE PICS! We LOVE pics here!

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 04:33:55 am »
but there will be no beating (as far as I know) if you post on the general board.

Haha, well, that is good to know.  Ok, just a few, and they aren't really breed specific, so hopefully if there is a beating, it won't be too bad.

These are pictures from the new property we are to be moving to.  It is 23 acres, and I'll have my own place and my parents will have their own place-finally!  My friend brought along her two dogs, and I had Brutus, Abby, and Charlie and we played at the creek that is on the property:

This is Brutus looking very noble:

Brutus not looking so noble (notice the drool...)

Charlie (the foster dog) playing with Murphie-my friend's Lab:

Clarence, the tripod mixed breed is learing to swim with three legs and a life jacket:

Charlie zooms through the creek:

And, Abby, my pretty girl:

Ok, those were more than a few, please keep the flogging as gentle as possible  :-\
Emily and the gang

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 04:35:11 am »
Welcome to BPO - it is highly addictive!

I love the pic of your crew! I too live in a house with eight dogs... a group photo is out of the question!

Here is the breakdown at my house.

I have:
Blu (Hound mix)
Ellie (Dobie mix)
Riley (Weimaraner)... technically he is the house dog, but I am his chosen person so he follows me around and sleeps in my bed  :D

My Roommate:
Ginger (Lab)
Coco (Chihuahua)
Pickle (Chihuahua)
Olive  (Chihuahua)

My roommate's sister:
Luke (Daschubd)
Moxley (the cat)

Have fun on BPO and look forward to more pics for your crew!

Rachel

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 04:36:52 am »
WELCOME! My name is Amber and i am owned by a huge pack.  Now i dont have 10 but i do have 5.  i have a 10 year old doberman Ravin, 5 year old boxer Brooklynn, 2 year old giant schnauzer Winston, 8 month old wiem Bell, and last but definatley not least a 10 week old english springer spaniel Baxter.
  I also have 10 horses and 5 barn cats and then there is my BF but he doesnt count i guess.  And let me say that i am so jealous of your pic.  I have tried i cant even tell you how many times to take my babies pictures together ;)
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

chaosndestruction

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 04:38:30 am »
AWWWW! Dane slobbers!!!!! He still looks regal...even with drool hanging out of his mouth! ;D

cricket36580

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 04:55:10 am »
YEA!!!!  You made it over!  I'm so glad.  I guess you got my email then?  LOL  Well, you know my crew so I won't get into that.  I'm so glad you decided to join.  I told you this was a really cool place...

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 05:45:50 am »
I did get your email, just late this morning, though, so I haven't responded to it.  I saw the link for here and jumped on it first thing.  I'm a dog forum junkie, I admit it, so I came on over :)
Emily and the gang

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 06:03:36 am »
Wow I can't even get my two to sit still long enough for a picture and you got all 7!!! I'm impressed.  I'm Erin and have a newf Kali and an aussie Lacey.  Plus we have 2 horses and 2 cats.  Beware this board is addictive and we don't bite or flog too hard  ;).
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 06:10:27 am »
Wow that's quite a crew you have there!

Welcome to BPO! I'm Shawna and I'm owned by Sadie a Newfoundland and two Maine Coon kitties Gus and Maggie.

:)
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge