Author Topic: how do I...  (Read 2485 times)

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
how do I...
« on: April 12, 2006, 07:11:09 am »
stop Cooper from jumping up onto the counter/table?

He does it non-stop. We repremand him and sometimes put him in his crate for a "time-out" but he still does it.

We've tried putting hot sauce, red peppers, and even horse radish sauce on the counter to keep him off, but he likes it!!

any suggestions??
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline CujoandShamus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: how do I...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 07:13:42 am »
Maybe a spray bottle when he does it. Just a little spray. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 07:13:52 am »
Wish I knew.  No matter what I do Grace still does it too. 

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 07:20:41 am »
what about a floppy trainer.i think that is what it is called  It is a mousetrap with a soft rubber end to it. you set it up on your counter and when your pet jumps up on it it goes off and makes a loud noise. it startles the dog and gives them a bad experince with jumping on the counter so they tend to stop doing it.  also double sided tape also does the trick. you put it on wherever his paws hit and when he jumps it will make his paws stick to it and they dont like the feeling so they stop jumping.i hope this might help you out
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 07:23:06 am »
Through the Invisible Fence company, they have a box that you leave on the counter...the dog wears a shock color and when he comes in to the protected zone, he gets a 'zap'.  It worked wonders with my sister's incorrigable chocolate lab.  He literally could sweep  counter in seconds (with lots of trips to the ER for stomach pumping!!) so control was essential.  He's been perfect ever since they got the box.  Hope it helps! ;)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 02:11:03 pm »
Drs. Foster and Smith have Scat Mats.  They are mats with a box attached that give off a mild shock whenever the pets feet touch them.  You can get them 3 (I think) different lengths and they also keep kitties off the counters too.

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience