Author Topic: Uh so about that hole...  (Read 1275 times)

Offline goldenlovingknitter

• Ankle Biter
  • The Goof Troop
    • View Profile
Uh so about that hole...
« on: April 13, 2006, 01:33:55 pm »
Ace has started digging holes in our walls.  So he has gone back to the crate while we are gone.  Then today Sunny was digging in the wall.  I'm not really sure what to do about this.  I mean they have tons of bones tons of toys to play with and still there are holes in our walls.  *sigh*  any suggestions?

doggylover

Re: Uh so about that hole...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 04:42:59 pm »
I've always considered it a HUGE privalege for Badger to get to be free in the house without supervision.  I think crating the dog until he proves he is trustworthy again is the only really good option.  He is only out of the crate when you are in the room, and if he does the wall dig thing, he is stopped and shamed or whatever your dog hates.  Once he has shown that he can be well behaved, then he can have his free time back. 
Just my thoughts on it...
Ronda

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Uh so about that hole...
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 08:13:20 pm »
 >:(  I have a 5 ½ Shiloh Shepherd that has gnawed some good size holes in my walls. I never crated her and she was never destructive in any other way other then gnawing holes  into the wall. I always worry about the paint and plaster but I also was concerned that she would hit the wires in the wall. I use to take her to work with me every day since she was a puppy then I got another dog so I would take both of them to work with me now they have a 9 month old brother English Mastiff and I can’t take all three of them with me anymore. Bryce has been coming with me most of the time and I have noticed she has started a small hole in the basement hallway. So this tells me she is not happy about being left behind. Like I said she is a perfect angel other then the hole gnawing I always tell her when I notice she has been up to it that’s bad and she will put her head down and mope around for a while. She’s too old to crate now and I wouldn’t but I know the feeling when I see the holes in the hallway. Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats